Centre Cap Logo Stickers - Alternative for changing the look of your wheels

hhcd80

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. Thought I might share my experiences with this situation.

If you are wanting to change the look of your wheel centre caps but don't want to go with the hassle of removing the wheels to remove them or don't want to go to the expense of buying entirely new replacements, one thing you could check is that the outermost part of the cap is a logo sticker than can be removed. The last owner of my Octy VRS had "VRS" logo centre caps but I wasn't happy with this and wanted something closer to what would've come out of the factory. After reading up on how to remove the caps with the wheels in situ, I tried only to end up removing the logo part and discovered they were just stuck on.

Doing some looking around on a certain auction site, I found this listing for plastic outer stickers for wheel centre caps (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Sticker-SKODAs-Wheel-Centre-Cap-Hub-3D-Logo-Cap-56mm-Black-Silver-Stickers/165307982153). When they arrived, they seemed to be made of a fairly sturdy plastic. Removed all the logos and cleaned the surface of the centre caps using some solvent (Sticky Stuff Remover in this case) and Isopropyl Alcohol just to make sure. Then carefully stuck the new logos in place.

The result looks pretty smart. If someone looked really closely, they probably could tell they are not OEM but at a normal distance and glance, they are indistinguishable in my opinion. What do you all think?

cencapbefore.jpg

cencapafter.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good H.

I did the same thing when I fitted some Audi TT wheels to my Roomster. I also put a light spray of varnish on to stop water ingress. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madvlad65 said:

IMG_20190722_162926.thumb.jpg.4de6ef2bf441b4f22c6785257fd72ac1.jpgIMG_20201202_191319.thumb.jpg.093adcb4cc77555cc1c39686513ac874.jpglooking good i went with the easy route and just painted them to match the wheels 

That's a nice look as well. I personally thought the centre of the wheels looked a bit empty without something in them, so I went for the original logo. However if you are doing the debadging route, I can understand wanting plain centres as well.