Resetting "Since Refuelling" trip

Hi All,

I've just recently purchased a Superb III 2019 facelift 1.5 SEL. It's a beautiful car and I'm just trying out loads of features - so I may have other questions :)

I can see how to reset the trips for "since start" and "Long Term" - but how do you reset "Since Refuelling" ?

I have tried a long press of the wheel when I'm on the "Since Refuelling" but that does nothing - so I'm wondering if there is anything else I need to do

Many Thanks.

• Like 1

You refuel. It’s automatic, based on the last refuel. 

Long Term and Since Start can be reset manually; Long Term is best if you want to track MPG over a time of your choosing. 

• Haha 1

Thanks RobM, so the next question is how does that get reset automatically. You say when you refuel - but I've alreay done that, although I didn't top up the whole tank - just filled it half way.

This is leading me to think that I need to fill the tank to thge brim before "Since refuelling" gets reset - If I am right on that, then that option appears to be almost useless, as I almost never fill to brim.

Anyway, as you say, I can use "Long Term" and "Since Start" to keep tabs on the consumption.

Thanks for your reply.

Jay.

I'm pretty sure with mine, the Since Refueling resets each time I open & close the fuel flap.

Maybe it's also knows when the fuel is filled to the top, and then resets it.

Don't know.

But u can also reset the Since Start & Long-Term fuel data in the Instrument Cluster settings menu.

PXL_20220526_110443304.thumb.jpg.6135be610aaa2f65313409ae2ccf51f1.jpg

On 25/05/2022 at 21:46, jakk said:

If I am right on that, then that option appears to be almost useless, as I almost never fill to brim.

Out of interest, why don’t you fill the tank? If you only ever fill it half way you’re at the pump twice as much?

18 hours ago, JR RS said:

Thanks JR RS, I did try this and this did not work - it seems I have to fill to the brim - not tried this yet - but next time I do, I'll let thispost know. Thanks for responding. 

18 hours ago, JR RS said:

I'm pretty sure with mine, the Since Refueling resets each time I open & close the fuel flap.

Maybe it's also knows when the fuel is filled to the top, and then resets it.

Don't know.

But u can also reset the Since Start & Long-Term fuel data in the Instrument Cluster settings menu.

PXL_20220526_110443304.thumb.jpg.6135be610aaa2f65313409ae2ccf51f1.jpg

45 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Out of interest, why don’t you fill the tank? If you only ever fill it half way you’re at the pump twice as much?

Hi ApertureS, I only fill the tank to the brim when I'm doing long journeys, ie round trips of 500 miles or more. Around the city, I let the car run on half or quarter tank.

This is a little annoyance only. I think the "Since Start" and "Long Term" - are good enough for what I want - but just thought it would be a good idea to be able to manually reset the "Since refuel" - if that is something that cannot be manually reset - then so beit. I will try the refill to brim and see what happens, but the opening/closiung of fuel cap didn;t work.

I am going from a 15 year Octavia diesel to a 2 year old Superb petrol - so just a "little" bit of a change and I'm just getting used to it.

Thanks to everyone that responded. 

Additionally, may be activating the « Refill Quantity » on the maxi DOT with VCDS would be enough for what you’re looking for ?