Rear car seat covers

Rockchick0117

Evening all,

Just a quick query.  We have 2 young boys and live by the sea so the car is often covered in sand and mud etc.  We're picking up the Scala from Skoda on Saturday (just a little bit excited 😁) and wondered if anyone has come across a waterproof rear seat cover they can recommend. One of the boys still uses a car seat so we need access to the anchor points on at least one side, as well as the seat belt buckles.

The car already has the rubber footwell and boot mats and we've got the scotch guard protection added to help keep the seats as clean as possible, but would just like the added protection.

Any help appreciated.

I can highly recommend the genuine - child seat protection mat

I have had one of these under my sons maxicosi car seat for the last 2 years in my Scala and it has done a great job at protecting the cushion underneath from the harsh plastic, metal isofix runners and all the mess a 3-5 year old makes!

Regards to covering the whole rear, i'm not so sure.  May be acceptable to buy 2 of these child seat protectors and one child just sit on that instead of the cushion, they are padded so wouldn't be uncomfortable.

I, like you also have the rubber mats and tunnel cover in the rear, they are brilliant.  Super easy to clean and very robust.

I would say to point out early to your boys to be careful when scrabbling across the tunnel, the vents in the rear of the arm rest are flimsy and my boy put his foot through it.  It was easy to disassemble and repair myself but very fiddly and a job I wouldn't want to do again.

Enjoy your Scala.

6 hours ago, Steve8O said:

I can highly recommend the genuine - child seat protection mat

I have had one of these under my sons maxicosi car seat for the last 2 years in my Scala and it has done a great job at protecting the cushion underneath from the harsh plastic, metal isofix runners and all the mess a 3-5 year old makes!

Regards to covering the whole rear, i'm not so sure.  May be acceptable to buy 2 of these child seat protectors and one child just sit on that instead of the cushion, they are padded so wouldn't be uncomfortable.

I, like you also have the rubber mats and tunnel cover in the rear, they are brilliant.  Super easy to clean and very robust.

I would say to point out early to your boys to be careful when scrabbling across the tunnel, the vents in the rear of the arm rest are flimsy and my boy put his foot through it.  It was easy to disassemble and repair myself but very fiddly and a job I wouldn't want to do again.

Enjoy your Scala.

Thanks, I have 2 non Skoda branded versions of these which I will be using.  I was just hoping to have the whole seat covered as they tend to put everything on the middle seat.  Thanks for the heads up on the middle vents, I'll have to make sure I remind them this car has to be looked after and they cant get away with treating it like the do my 2006 Seat Altea.