Skoda Rapid TSI 2016 Swing multimedia

Hi there,

I have bought a skoda rapid from 2016 with the swing multimedia and i have a question if someone could help me!

There is no apple carplay on this model but on the apple website it's saying that it is supported from the beginning of 2016.

Also on the steering wheel there is a voice recognition button that when pressing its saying "voice recognition unsupported"

May main question is someone can let me know if there is an update for this model to activate all features and if is possible to add carplay on the swing.

I have searched on the internet and there is nothing about this model or a software update.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

There are 2 types of swing on rapid. 1 is without ability to unlock smartlink and there is “sound” button and 2nd variant is the one with “app” button and you can unlock smartlink on that unit

• Thanks 1

Thank you Michal161. 

The swing that I have does not have an app button. On the steering wheel I have voice control button but when I press it it’s says on the display: voice control unsupported. And I have another button that says the same. I have talked to Skoda and they say that activating all features will cost me 300 euros. My question is where can I find this type of software whiteout paying or paying but not this amount of money. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, alleodor said:

Thank you Michal161. 

The swing that I have does not have an app button. On the steering wheel I have voice control button but when I press it it’s says on the display: voice control unsupported. And I have another button that says the same. I have talked to Skoda and they say that activating all features will cost me 300 euros. My question is where can I find this type of software whiteout paying or paying but not this amount of money. 

Thanks.

Well idk why they said that because the before lift swing you could only unlock not many features and all the features can be unlocked using coding. The lift swing is different story because you can unlock there smartlink which requires swap code

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry I can't be of more help - I didn't realise there was another type of Swing unit with a screen, I was thinking of the UK Swing unit I used to have. 

If the voice control isn't working it does sound like a coding issue, maybe this unit replaced an older one and was not coded correctly (or the MFSW was added after)?