Do many vRS MK1 owners do track days?

Asking the question as I do quite a few Track Days and have not seen one other vRS.

You see the odd MK5 Golf, plenty of Clios and small hatches but Skoda‘s are absent!

just wondered as I am doing Bedford Autodrome tomorrow in my MK1.

these cars are so easily modified to improve handling and performance it seems strange that people don’t indulge.

78E59898-324C-4FEF-87D5-F434188335E5.jpeg

8 hours ago, phazed said:

I take that as a no then........

Just seen this.

I'd love to take mine on track but work/kids etc always gets in the way.  Whenever there's a track day I can't get time off work.  Whenever I'm off work, there isn't a track day.  Also, my car is my daily so if I broke it in a dramatic fashion I'd be quite unhappy.

I even bought a car a couple of years ago that was set up as a track car but never got to use it in anger and had to sell it.🙄

I appreciate that my car is a dedicated track day car but considering that the engine is standard sporting the usual intercooler, remap and exhaust modifications, It is a real pussycat to drive. On track it is driven flat out all the time and has not missed a beat. It really does seem unburstable!

There are so many track days to choose from, not including airfield days that you should be able to fit something in.

I use this site.

https://www.trackday-hub.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwtIaVBhBkEiwAsr7-cxiOJuP0SLzX9L3-ykdTkHebtL225ea_5cf1-kKAwkr9TEfi3OrMjRoC294QAvD_BwE

From Monday:

Did quite a few back in the day of owning my MK1 for 12 years, Was a few regulars back then, remember 2 silver one's(Ben & Johnathon), black estate(dave), red hatch cant rember who drove that one, probably a couple i've forgot, most people have probably moved on to newer cars now, youngest MK1's are now 17 year old(that makes me feel old). 

had great fun in mine, only broke it once, at Briskoda national day at Rockingham when the front hub snapped. 

Good to know that many have been used in the past.

I just thought as they are such an inexpensive good car to use both on the road and track that there  would be a few more participating.

I did nine track days last year and so far Five this year with the Skoda so it is getting well used.

Booked up for Mallory Park and Thruxton next month.

On 09/06/2022 at 19:17, phazed said:

I appreciate that my car is a dedicated track day car but considering that the engine is standard sporting the usual intercooler, remap and exhaust modifications, It is a real pussycat to drive. On track it is driven flat out all the time and has not missed a beat. It really does seem unburstable!

There are so many track days to choose from, not including airfield days that you should be able to fit something in.

I use this site.

https://www.trackday-hub.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwtIaVBhBkEiwAsr7-cxiOJuP0SLzX9L3-ykdTkHebtL225ea_5cf1-kKAwkr9TEfi3OrMjRoC294QAvD_BwE

It seems that you make pretty good progress against the other cars.  Did you say yours is Stage 2?

As for the TrackDay Hub, I'll have a look to see if the planets can align and allow me to book a day at a circuit.:thumbup:

Just add.

It never looks that fast when looking back on a video clip but believe me, it is far, far faster than you would ever achieve on the road. I am hitting 130 mph down the back straight and slowing to about 80 mph for the chicane. Very few corners are taken at less than 60 mph and some of my favourites at about 80 mph with quite a lot of tyre creep across the track that you cannot get the impression of when watching the clip. 

• Like 1

I've done many track days but only one in my Octavia. It went really well on track but I'm not looking at turning tracking it into a habit. Was it yourself that sold me the Federal RSR tyres for it earlier this year? The ramp in your garage looks familiar :D

Snetterton in March

• Like 1

It was indeed!

strangely federal’s have gone up in price and are now the price of pretty much a premium tyre! How times change.

I have done plenty of track days in the past, but driving the aforementioned Clio 182's and Megane's 

However I will be taking the estate out for its first track day in July at Blyton which I'm really looking forward too!

Will probably look to book Thruxton later in the year as it's on my door step and a very fun track to go round!

Good to see a fellow MK1 out on track! 😁

On 14/06/2022 at 17:04, phazed said:

I have Thruxton booked for 04/07/22

You'll have to put a video up as I enjoy seeing how your car does against others on track.