Karoq Varioflex Seats Query - too tall

Taplin

Hello, looking to check I’m not doing something wrong. I’ve got the varioflex seats, folded them all the way down, lifted them up then attached with the bungee cords, but I can’t actually drive with them, I’m too tall. I’m 6’1”, not exactly small, but hardly enormous! Is there a step I’m missing? I basically have to put the front seat all the way forward to get the back seat into a position to attach with the bungee.

Thanks in advance!

If they are the same as my previous yeti, the back seats can slide back and forth. Yours are obviously in the most forward position.

You are probably not compressing the backs enough when you fold them. Push down hard and may get an extra click?

I am 6’ tall and have no issue. Just had them folded this morning to clean underneath without having to disturb the front seat setting.

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

You are probably not compressing the backs enough when you fold them. Push down hard and may get an extra click?

I am 6’ tall and have no issue. Just had them folded this morning to clean underneath without having to disturb the front seat setting.

I thought that only applied to the centre seat. Next time I'm in the car I will try on the other two. 

tom

The Vario seat mechanisms on my Yeti will not fold unless the seat is in the rearmost position

Thanks again for your help. Still

not quite getting there.

1. headrest off and seat slid back

2. fold down and compress on the back of the seat

3. Lift up and just not quite enough to get the seat all the way up

will try attach a video. 

2E2602A8-9555-47FA-89E8-B9024CF39FF8.gif

That’s perfectly normal and you just hold it there until you restrain it in position with the elastic cord and hook to the front seat headrest tube. It can’t go upright and freestanding as the front seat back is angled itself.
These hooks are quite tight and need a firm pull to extend enough to hook on though. I don’t have a problem doing this but others have had issues with not being able to pull the elastic far enough to hook.

Cool thank you. Wasn't sure if they should sit upright and stay there. A lot of promo stuff has the front seat all the way forward. and upright to make it look a lot easier. I can stretch the cord then slide the front seat back. Still not sure it's back far enough for a long journey, but appreciate all your help!

2 hours ago, Taplin said:

Cool thank you. Wasn't sure if they should sit upright and stay there.

I can tell you from bitter experience that you do not want to find out. Never drive with the seats forward and unrestrained.

Being a shortar5e my varioflex seats will actually remain upright when the vehicle is static, one time I was distracted when raising them before going to collect a load, pulling away from a standstill one dropped making a noise and sudder like Wile E Coyote had dropped a tonne weight from a helicopter on the car.

I was amazed that nothing was damaged.