Manufacturer of OEM rear light cluster?

Hi everyone. First post here.

I want to get a new (not used) left rear light cluster unit for a friend with a 2014 1.4 Fabia.  ‘Somebody’ might have broken their current one 😐

I want the new LHS unit to match the original RHS unit. But I’d rather not pay the Skoda Tax for an OEM one from Skoda themselves.  Does anyone know who makes the OEM units - so I could investigate buying direct?

By way of context/explanation, I needed to change my Porsche brakes. Buying direct from Brembo (who are the Porsche OEM supplier) saved me a ton of money vs buying the official identical part from Porsche.  So was hoping the same thing could be done here. 

thanks for any advice on this. 

E1A6C1D6-0E3B-48F4-94FC-BBEBAD562D8F.jpeg

Just curious why you’d want new when theres plenty out there in decent condition? Not forgetting the price difference.

just so happens I stripped my Fabia last year and have that side for sale. 

Edited by LGM
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

The OEM manufacturer is Visteon, well thats the name on the inside of the cluster, but I doubt you will be able to source one from them.

Aha!  Thanks for that info.  And that makes sense.   Guess I won't be able to do that same Brembo trick then.

8 hours ago, LGM said:

Just curious why you’d want new when theres plenty out there in decent condition? Not forgetting the price difference.

just so happens I stripped my Fabia last year and have that side for sale. 

I was looking on eBay, and most of the used ones had blemishes of one kind or another.

So I started looking at the various aftermarket brands (which were only a few quid more expensive than the used genuine ones), and was hoping that one of those brands was the OEM.   Because if the part arrived and it was a subtly different shade of red to the original then it wouldn't match the RHS.

Do PM me if the one you're selling is in great condition.  Thank you.