Faulty Air Conditioning from new.

Personally I think they might be, I'm a reasonable person and used to have handlings with what was latter called conflict dispute, what just used to be customer service which is now something different.  Less reasonable people will give a different view only you can decide which is tight or suits you.

See if they ring back, if not up your figure. (things move quicker than I can type).  Without everything that's gone on recorded 'in writing' they'll only offer what they want or are forced to.  As they told you there was nothing wrong and then were reluctant to take the car back for checking to later find there was a problem obviously they done something wrong.

As you've found the left and right hands keep apart, you need to be dealing with the correct person and hope they're decent, if not you can "escalate" things.  You really want to be contacting the Dealership Principal (or whatever title they have) and present them with the full facts including chronology with as much evidence as you can to back up your side.  Keep calm and factual, present and give reasonable reply times (you've got a loan car anyway).

Whether a brand new car is better than your existing one can vary, an extra couple of months warranty is nothing if the car is going back with more claims, zero claims doesn't need much warranty but in the car world of 2022 you might be better with as much warranty as possible 5, 10 years(?).

Such a pity the original Daewoo way of selling cars was killed off, the trouble with any new car seems to be the English dealerships and has been for decades now.  The Skoda dealerships were a lot, lot better before they became VW Skoda.    

Edited by nta16

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Final update. Collected the replacement car two weeks ago and it works perfectly.

I had the original one which they had "fixed". IT certainly worked much, much better than it did but still not on a par with any of my old vehicles, the courtesy car or the replacement they found.

They filled the tank on the new car and a restaurant voucher for £50.

In hindsight, I am really happy with the dealership (Pullman Cramlington) although I was pretty stressed and frustrated at the time. 

Thanks for all the advice on here  - it definitely helped keep me right - and sorry for the delay on the final update.

Now, how do I complain about the crap tyres that have been fitted.... 🙂 kidding!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1