Digital Dashboard

Hi ALL,Have tsi 95ps fabia 22 plate.My question is has anybody had issues with the fuel gauge readings.After filling with fuel the gauge registers how many miles there is in the tank.After driving around for a week or so the trip meter  mounts up  but the bars on the gauge never seem to move or dull down as fuel is used.Has anybody else noticed this.The car is only 3 months old,everything else seems to function as it should.Any thoughts.Cheers Andy

Hi Drew, welcome to the forum. Are you saying that the gauge doesn't move at all - even when the tank is nearly empty? I can't speak for the digital dash, but my analogue gauge needle stays locked on full for about 55-60 miles after brim-filling the tank, then starts to read contents as expected.

Hi,Havenot really run down the tank as yet.All the bars on dashboard look the same coluour,all seem bright.Would have they should dull down as fuel is used,not happening.Going to dealer will result in the usual statement,that s new one on us ha haCheers Andy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drewmac said:

Hi,Havenot really run down the tank as yet.All the bars on dashboard look the same coluour,all seem bright.Would have they should dull down as fuel is used,not happening.Going to dealer will result in the usual statement,that s new one on us ha haCheers Andy

How many miles have you done since filling up?

Hi,Filled up tank 3times since buying the car .On average i do approx 70/80 miles a weekso should have seen some sort of movement.Cheers Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,Just an update on  fuel gauge reading , after about 128 miles the bars on gauge fell and dulled down.So gauge is working and appears to be doing good mileage.Cheers Andy🙂

• 2 months later...

The top 5 litres (roughly) in the tank don't register on the gauge -- the surface level's probably above the float at that point. Was like that on the Mk3, my Citigo, my parents' Up!s, my old Mk4 Ibiza, etc. So if you've just filled up, for the first 50 miles it look you've got yourself a perpetuum mobile.