Columbus 9'2 Infotainment Screen 'crashed' or went 'glitchy'

hanf

Has anyone else experienced their Infotainment Columbus 9'2 'crashing' at all? (see pics/vid).

Fortunately this corrected itself eventually but my Infotainment Centre seemed to 'crash' today when I was pressing the screen and trying to enter an address for Navigation.

The screen basically just went black but with a narrow line (about 1cm wide) across it.

Stopping and starting the engine and turning the screen off and on didn't work so I was panicking that it had completely died.  But fortunately it just started working again 30 minutes later when I used the car.

Note: The screen itself was fine as the reverse camera kicked in when I used it, but it then reverted to the blank screen with line when driving off.   

Also the infotainment itself was fine as the radio was still playing. But I just couldn't control it as it wasn't responsive at all. 

It's almost like it needed to reboot or something. It couldn't cope with the buttons being pressed?  A bit like a laptop restarting/rebooting or something after it has crashed?

Screenshot_20220623-213722_Gallery.jpg

4 hours ago, SkodAlan said:

Did you try a hard reboot? (Hold on/off till it turns off and then turns back on again with logo.)

Yes I did that too. It didn't seem to do anything. I was home 10 minutes later though. And fortunately it was working again 30 mins later. I guess it did do a reboot? 
I'm more concerned about whether anyone has experienced this and what caused it

Haven't experienced this on our Karoq, but I have a car from a different manufacturer which occasionally starts with a completely dead screen. When this happens I can do virtually nothing in the car as nearly all functions are controlled by the screen, including icons along each side. The only solution I have found is to switch off for about a minute, until all of the electrical humming under the bonnet has stopped, then restart. So far it has happened about half a dozen times in just over 3 years, and a restart has never failed to restart the screen. If it gets to be regular or fails to correct itself, if I had a warranty it would be in to Skoda.

55 minutes ago, hanf said:

Yes I did that too. It didn't seem to do anything. I was home 10 minutes later though. And fortunately it was working again 30 mins later. I guess it did do a reboot? 
I'm more concerned about whether anyone has experienced this and what caused it

Nope, never experienced it on my 2020 Kodiaq.

1 hour ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Haven't experienced this on our Karoq, but I have a car from a different manufacturer which occasionally starts with a completely dead screen. When this happens I can do virtually nothing in the car as nearly all functions are controlled by the screen, including icons along each side. The only solution I have found is to switch off for about a minute, until all of the electrical humming under the bonnet has stopped, then restart. So far it has happened about half a dozen times in just over 3 years, and a restart has never failed to restart the screen. If it gets to be regular or fails to correct itself, if I had a warranty it would be in to Skoda.

Thank you. Sadly out of warranty or I'd be straight on to Skoda. I'm not even bothering to contact them to ask about it as experience tells me their response will be the usual 'take to your nearest Skoda' dealer to which I will be told they can't do anything since it's working ok now! 

Hopefully this was a once off glitch!