Driving on the left France etc

paco

Sorry, I know this has been covered before but the tips don’t match the reality of my car/ situation. 
so here goes I have a brand new 30/05/22 facelift Karoq SE L 1.5. I assume they are LED headlights ?

can I set them for left hand drive when driving in France ? I have looked and found instructions from fellow briskodians but my settings on the (car) infotainment do not show ‘ travel mode’ or ‘ left hand drive’ or anything that would suggest I can adjust the lights for travel abroad, there is a setting for driving in the rain !? Not sure what that is about. Is my problem simply that I haven’t got some extra that I thought would be on the SE L as standard or has it been left of ?  Thanks in advance 🙂

Have you checked the digital manual for your vehicle on the Skoda connect portal. That should be the exact manual for your vehicle. Mine ( a MY21 SEL ) certainly has ( according to the manual ) a 'Travel mode' setting for the lights

Nottslan, thank you, no I haven’t done the digital but I suppose I’ll have to 🙄, is ‘travel mode’ actually setting the lights for the continent ? It’s a bit of an obscure title 🤔

4 minutes ago, paco said:

Nottslan, thank you, no I haven’t done the digital but I suppose I’ll have to 🙄, is ‘travel mode’ actually setting the lights for the continent ? It’s a bit of an obscure title 🤔

Travel mode is the correct title.

Thank you for reply’s, I haven’t managed to connect to my digital handbook for my car but the info I have seen seems to be generic or it just says what the particular function does but not how to operate it !    Anyway, my research would seem to indicate ( and maybe why I haven’t got the setting ) that my LED’s do not require any adjustments or eurolites because LED’s have a ‘flatter ‘ beam that do not dazzle oncoming drivers, any views 🤔

You should aim the car at a wall after dark, take a nice picture of the beam.

You can also get a 2nd person to cover NS/OS headlights one by one so you can see each headlight beam in isolation.

Then if you have travel mode option in menu's you can toggle it to make a comparison.

Thank you varoom, I do not have the option of travel mode in my menu 🤷🏻‍♂️

It appears only the Sportline has the full LED matrix headlights with travel mode ( £1995 option on SEL )

Looks like you might need beam deflector stickers.

Thank you Kenny and all others, looks like I’ll have buy some new eurolight  stickers 😡

I must say the SE L is a great car but to get all the options that I thought came as standard would cost a fortune 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, paco said:

Thank you Kenny and all others, looks like I’ll have buy some new eurolight  stickers 😡

I must say the SE L is a great car but to get all the options that I thought came as standard would cost a fortune 🤷🏻‍♂️

To my eyes, and parts pictures, it appears you have LED style.

Best to either take a picture of the rear of the lamp, or some actual beam shot images as we get darker.

Turn the car around and aim at back wall of your garage would be perfect.

Varoom, thanks for your interest I’m afraid I don’t have a clear rear garage wall and I’ve had enough for now 😜, I think I will visit a Skoda dealer in the next week and will update this discussion 👍

Sure thing, interested to see how this pans out.

Halogen bulbs when turned off will "dim down" and LED's the light goes off instantly.

Back of the headlamps will be different too.

Dealer should be able to look up your VIN, and if friendly enough could print out what's been fitted at factory.

From the April 2022 brochure I think that the SE Drive and SE L trims have halogen headlights as standard (with the SE L having LED running lights). 

The LED Matrix lights are standard on the Sportline and optional for the SE L (the 'ordinary' LED headlights fitted as standard or optionally to pre-facelift cars don't seem to be offered any more.)

Chris

I have May 2022 SE L, and when I ordered it the dealer told me that LED headlights were standard across the range.  I specified the optional full matrix LED headlights and they definitely have a Travel Mode.  However, it seems to make absolutely no difference as the dipped beam has a perfectly level cut off with no apparent kick up on either side.  My previous (2018) Karoq with normal LED headlights did have a small kick up on the nearside, but nothing like what I was used to with halogen bulbs.

2 hours ago, JollyGardener said:

I have May 2022 SE L, and when I ordered it the dealer told me that LED headlights were standard across the range.  I specified the optional full matrix LED headlights and they definitely have a Travel Mode.  However, it seems to make absolutely no difference as the dipped beam has a perfectly level cut off with no apparent kick up on either side.  My previous (2018) Karoq with normal LED headlights did have a small kick up on the nearside, but nothing like what I was used to with halogen bulbs.

Thank you, I’m afraid I’m lost about LED or full matrix LED lights 🤔, I’ve driven mine just once at night (only in the UK) and I did notice that the lights were a lot brighter/ better than my 2017 yeti SE drive. So do you think I need to do anything to drive in europe ?

12 hours ago, paco said:

Thank you, I’m afraid I’m lost about LED or full matrix LED lights 🤔, I’ve driven mine just once at night (only in the UK) and I did notice that the lights were a lot brighter/ better than my 2017 yeti SE drive. So do you think I need to do anything to drive in europe ?

If you have the Travel Mode setting in the Light Settings menu and it is set to the correct side driving, I would say you need to do no more. The car will determine the correct beam pattern for left or right hand traffic.

DSC_2011.thumb.jpg.21d5646e9b4b80ab6e593f73e025d937.jpg

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JollyGardener said:

If you have the Travel Mode setting in the Light Settings menu and it is set to the correct side driving, I would say you need to do no more. The car will determine the correct beam pattern for left or right hand traffic.

Travel mode is missing from his menu's.

Still helpful picture for anyone else that needs it.

I think he was maybe heading into dealers to get it looked at for sure, but I suspect he has LED with flat beam, so should be ok.
Hoping that we can get a nice beam shot against garage door or another wall in the dark so we can put this to bed.

4 hours ago, varooom said:

Travel mode is missing from his menu's.

Still helpful picture for anyone else that needs it.

I think he was maybe heading into dealers to get it looked at for sure, but I suspect he has LED with flat beam, so should be ok.
Hoping that we can get a nice beam shot against garage door or another wall in the dark so we can put this to bed.

Haven’t forgot Varoom but haven’t seen the dealer yet, ps, out of interest have you seen my post about the Karoq aircon ?