LED logo projector in door

Hello, I have an Octavia 12/2020 style equipment with the style plus package. The lighting of the boarding area or the sign Škoda from the bottom of the door does not light up. According to the vehicle catalog, the lighting is installed in the car, but it doesn't light up when you look inside the car either. Do you have any idea what it could be? I agreed at the service that they will look at it during the inspection (I've had the car for a while now), but now they just quickly played the software in the infotainment. The attached photo is just for information about what kind of light it is.

47FD89BD-CA51-49AD-9A44-D142C4C66FD4.jpeg

Hello,

I have the exact same doubt here. On my case I bought a Skoda Octavia Break Style iV and, as you state, I also thought this would be a feature coming through the "Style" package... this also since I was to actually buy a service car iV and I could swear that I've seen these lights on this service Octavia iV... although the dealer at the time said "no, no - you've seen it wrong etc."... tbh, I still don't believe it; I *have* seen these lights - it got my attention (the "wow effect" once I opened the door to the Octavia, as I was actually going to look for a Karoq or Kamiq).

Despite the above, truth is mine doesn't have this nice feature... also, I don't know if this can be included afterwards or not...

PS: I'm from Portugal. Maybe this can be relevant on the features offered on the "Style" and "Sport" packages(?).

Can you take a picture under your door?

I'm going to loan your topic a little. Wonder if that light could be changed for something else? I'd rather have some other text, or even better just have a regular light under it. The Text light is not so practical.

edit: Tempting: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-IV/Octavia-IV-MEGA-POWER-LED-safety-door-lights-with-GHOST-light-RS-WHITE

Edited by timster

7 hours ago, timster said:

Můžete se vyfotit pod vašimi dveřmi?

Trochu půjčím vaše téma. Zajímalo by mě, jestli by se to světlo dalo vyměnit za něco jiného? Raději bych měl nějaký jiný text, nebo ještě lépe jen obyčejné světlo pod ním. Světlo Text není tak praktické.

edit: Tempting:  http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-IV/Octavia-IV-MEGA-POWER-LED-safety-door-lights-with-GHOST-light-RS-WHITE

my door looks like this

F4CA300E-772A-49DF-B5DA-3640EA17D1B9.jpeg

DAA947D8-CF4D-438E-B113-B9BCF9263A12.jpeg

10 minutes ago, timster said:

Určitě to vypadá jako textový projektor. Možná budete muset mít zapnutá světla, pokud není dostatečná tma?:)

I tried with the lights on even in the middle of the night. but it doesn't light up😬

• Confused 1

Don't you have a setting in the head-unit that needs to be "ON" for those lights to  work?
I used to have similar lights under the external mirrors of my Megane GT, and I kept those to "OFF" all the time - there was a dedicated setting in the car configuration menu.

l.e. I think they were called "courtesy lights" or "welcoming lights"

Edited by SkOmk4

1 hour ago, SkOmk4 said:

Nemáš v hlavní jednotce nějaké nastavení, které musí být "ON", aby ty světla fungovala?
Kdysi jsem měl podobná světla pod vnějšími zrcátky svého Meganu GT a neustále jsem je nechal "OFF" - v konfiguračním menu auta bylo vyhrazené nastavení.

le Myslím, že se jim říkalo "zdvořilostní světla" nebo "uvítací světla"

I just couldn't find anything like that anywhere 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've heard that some were fitted with the projectors but the system wasn't coded to enable them.

I'm not at home right now so will dig out the info later and update you.

John

Mentions coding here in one of the pics. http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-IV/for-Octavia-IV-genuine-Skoda-door-panel-GHOST-lights-kit-with-´SKODA´-logo

Edited by weehappypixie

14 minutes ago, weehappypixie said:

I've heard that some were fitted with the projectors but the system wasn't coded to enable them.

I'm not at home right now so will dig out the info later and update you.

John

Mentions coding here in one of the pics. http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-IV/for-Octavia-IV-genuine-Skoda-door-panel-GHOST-lights-kit-with-´SKODA´-logo

I will have to wait until I take the car to the service center. I only have VCDS and OBD eleven in the workshop