Octavia vrs mk1. Splutters and bangs when floor it HELP

So I have a mk1 Octavia vrs but have a big problem everytime I floor it it holds back and just starts spluttering and banging any ideas please also obd not read 

start with the basics -

have you checked all the fuses both cabin and battery box top?

when was it serviced last?

is it speed /gear related, or does it happen in any gear or speed?

It’s been serviced in the past year, idle is fine and everything just literally when trying to hard throttle it just miss fires and judders so I can’t get the speed. It holds back at around 4000 revs, but when i drive normally its fine. 
And happens in any gear.

will check fuses today and will take throttle body off today and have a look, thanks for the advice! 

Will check plugs and maf mate it dose have iridium plugs and r8 coil packs not long back but I will check them I don’t no weather the problem is down to the map as this was done before I bought it stage 2 pop and bang 🙄 is it possible toremove the map? 

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on with the obd port? If you can't read codes you're going to struggle to diagnose anything.

It probably isn't the map but you can change it if you have a working obd port

Edited by Ben99Felicia