Towbar nose weight for bike rack Superb III 190 2.0 TSI sportline 2020

Hi

I want to fit a 2-4 bike thule , witter etc bike rack on to my main dealer paid for but 3rd party swan neck fixed towbar. Any idea how i would find out the max nose weight and centre of gravity distance from the towball allowed?

TIA 

Edited by BPL

• BPL changed the title to Towbar nose weight for bike rack Superb III 190 2.0 TSI sportline 2020

Lots lighter than 75 kG if not a Thule VeloSpace XT 2 bike carrier like i have fitted and then with 2 e-Bikes fitted.   (Superb's show 100-140kG on different sites)

(I remove the batteries from the bikes just to lighten the load a little bit, it is a lot of weight suspended hanging out back.)

The Towbar Manufacturer & the Retailer should be providing all the information for their product.

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/tow-bars-for-skoda/skoda-superb-towbars.html

Edited by roottoot
  • Thanks 1

The official nose weight of all Superb III on all models according to VAG documents is 90kg.

From reading document 

D4B80828146-Trailer_operation_as_of_2016.pdf

The only caveat being each Country can override this in their own legislation.

Edited by varooom
  • Thanks 1

Apparently it's not just the noise weight but the turning moment on the tow ball. So x kg y mm from the ball. I just went for a decathlon thule https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/tow-bar-car-bike-rack-thule-europower-916-2-bikes-7-pins/_/R-p-X8364943?mc=8364943&c=GREY 

Total for Max load 2x30 kg bikes + 18.9kg rack = 78.9 kg, 315 mm from ball approx. I'll have batteries off when i find a cover for the battery compartment.....

Looking for a pure sine wave inverter to charge from the boot fag lighter.

Edited by BPL

• 2 weeks later...