Paging ... paging .... Milan, top Favorit restorer.

When my grand old Favorit finally and to my great sorrow died of corrosion, I saved her very healthy engine (and much else) with a view to replacing the rather worn one in the Felicia which became her successor.

Well, that ain’t going to happen now, ‘cos much as I like the Feli I feel that there were many niggling ‘disimprovements’ versus the Favorit, so I don’t plan to continue with the marque for too long.

So I’ve been trying to contact Milan S. , whom I haven’t seen since a couple of years back (when we shared our regrets that so few were interested in keeping the Favorit line going in th UK nowadays), as the most likely person to know someone who might want my parts.  

His former mobile number appears to have changed and I have no response from his old email address - hope he is OK - can anyone here help me get back in touch with him?
(I don’t use Fazebook, but perhaps he is still active on there?).

• 6 months later...

Oh, dear  -  6 months and 200 views, but no contact so I'm concerned for Milan's wellbeing.    If anyone out there is still in touch with him, please pass on my good wishes - if no response in the next day or two I'll post a list of my parts in the Classic Spares section.

• 2 weeks later...

I was puzzled, Thefeliciahacker, by your cryptic response - "what?" - until I realised you probably don't have access to the 'classic spares' section of the Briskoda board.

Basically I have a good 1298cc 136 engine, complete, with electronics and ductwork, good gearbox and linkage, and minor quickly-removable bits like instument panel and light assemblies.   However I fear none of this is going to be much use in your case because the costs of shipping stuff to Greece are likely to be prohibitive - unless you happen to know a trucker with spare space - and unfortunately it is looking unlikely that I'll be able to get over to your wonderful country again this year.

Soon be 16th so Kala Pascha, filimu.

Yes, D.FYLAKTOS, that's the one.

You are so fortunate in Greece in not having your local councils speading thousand of tons of salt on the roads in winter - in the UK that was a killer of the splendid Favorits due to body corrosion, and now it is so sad to see the Felicias heading in the same direction over here.   [I'm very lucky to have a couple of good 'survivors' of this].

Thank you for keeping your Felicia on the road, well done!    However, my comments to TheFelicaHacker above about the prohibitive cost of of shipping stuff from the UK to Greece remain relevant.   I have been impressed by the continuing ability of suppliers in Germany etc.  to provide a very good range aftermarket parts for Favorits / Felicias etc. but 'big' items seem to be a problem now.

So - whilst I'm here - I've been trying to find a replacement middle exhaust section for my Felicia estate for a long time now but the [very cheap!] German suppliers have long been mysteriously 'out of stock' for this one, or simply refuse to ship 'big' items to the UK anymore.

I've only been quoted an eyewatering price for a new one in the UK   ..... so  ... does anyone here have a serviceable used one within reasonable collection distance from Oxfordshire??

• Haha 1

@Skodledo they spread thousands of tons of salt in Oxforshire if the weather and road condition requires it or just for the fun of spending money?

Location location location.  The cars where built in Eastern Europe where a bit of cold and damp is also to be expected.

Screenshot 2023-04-04 12.54.46.jpg

Nice one, toot, on both counts but I must resist the temptation to let this thread drift into a rant on excessive salting, and stick with the topic of spares 😉

18 hours ago, toot said:

The cars where built in Eastern Europe..

Central europe... During winters, temperature swings around the freezing point, which are the worst conditions and corrosion already killed most of Favorits and Felicias, Skoda didn't figure anti-corrosion until facelift of MK1 Octavia and Fabia (even those have some problematic spots and MK2 Octavia is worse again)

Edited by Papez
  • Thanks 1

Saab and Volvo can rust just as badly.    Skoda have still not figured fuel filler flaps that do not freeze shut.  Or stopped water getting trapped in doors / seals.  Or sun roofs drains not blocking or sunroofs leaking.   Leaks corroding wiring in pretty new models.    Vorsprung Durch Technic seems to pass Skoda by just as it does with VW.  

23 minutes ago, toot said:

Skoda.... Or sun roofs drains not blocking or sunroofs leaking.

https://caymanautos.co.uk/how-to-prevent-reduce-vw-eos-convertible-roof-leaks/

https://caymanautos.co.uk/common-problems-volkswagen-eos-cabriolet/

I think VW EOS is the ''champion''.

Here in Greece every owner has this problem.

On 02/04/2023 at 09:48, Skodle said:

I was puzzled, Thefeliciahacker, by your cryptic response - "what?" - until I realised you probably don't have access to the 'classic spares' section of the Briskoda board.

Basically I have a good 1298cc 136 engine, complete, with electronics and ductwork, good gearbox and linkage, and minor quickly-removable bits like instument panel and light assemblies.   However I fear none of this is going to be much use in your case because the costs of shipping stuff to Greece are likely to be prohibitive - unless you happen to know a trucker with spare space - and unfortunately it is looking unlikely that I'll be able to get over to your wonderful country again this year.

Soon be 16th so Kala Pascha, filimu.

Haha sorry I didnt understand what it was all about, so are you parting the car out?

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

No problem, Thefelicahacker   ..... I was just able to save the power train and anything else I could grab quickly when the poor old rusty body had to be scrapped.

• 3 weeks later...

After all this time, I am so sorry to have had no word about Milan whom I knew as top restorer, very skilled in dealing with the body corrosion which now seems to have rendered the truly splendid Favorits [ and now Felicias? ] a very much endangered-species here in the UK.

Having had scant response to my ad. for my own salvaged Favorit parts in the Classic Spares section over the past few weeks, I am really sad to think that now so few are still keen to keep this excellent marque on the road here  ...  it would be tragic for  my own good parts to go to waste, so I have now opened up said ad. to offers from any surviving fellow enthusiasts ...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/511869-engine-gearbox-and-lots-of-other-bits-available-favorit-felicia-edit-now-open-to-offers/