MK3 choice

Jenac

^^^

Maybe the case if you have the car from new or know how it was used in it's previous life.

If you are buying a used one, maybe one someone got rid of because they were told it needed a new DPF then that is where you actually need to read soot levels. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, roottoot said:

^^^

Maybe the case if you have the car from new or know how it was used in it's previous life.

If you are buying a used one, maybe one someone got rid of because they were told it needed a new DPF then that is where you actually need to read soot levels. 

Oil ash levels is the permanant one, soot is just the temporary stuff as I am sure you know (typo)

The top two you want under 20 g

The oil ash values are taken from a VW Golf 7 at 100,000km to give you a rough lifespan estimate

1805796049_Oilash.png.ee41f96b55a776244bed2129b56da915.png

Edited by varooom
  • Like 1

Just had the chance to see this one here: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207077569942?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=12000&postcode=TW149TG&model=Octavia&sort=price-desc&page=8&make=SKODA&include-delivery-option=on&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to drive it. A few scratches but overall looked alright. I hope I can try it tomorrow. Is the panroof something to be concerned about?

1 minute ago, Jenac said:

Just had the chance to see this one here: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207077569942?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=12000&postcode=TW149TG&model=Octavia&sort=price-desc&page=8&make=SKODA&include-delivery-option=on&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to drive it. A few scratches but overall looked alright. I hope I can try it tomorrow. Is the panroof something to be concerned about?

Nice spec that, wheels are unusual, got heated seats which I think is an optional extra as is the duel level boot floor. 

Can't comment on the pan roof as never had one but someone specced that car well.

1 minute ago, Dooge said:

Nice spec that, wheels are unusual, got heated seats which I think is an optional extra as is the duel level boot floor. 

Can't comment on the pan roof as never had one but someone specced that car well.

I thought heated seats come as standard in l&k. Don't they?

So I bit the bullet today, went down to Guilford and took it for a spin... OOOOHH BOOOIIII!!! WHAT A REFINED BEAST THAT IS! We had to kiss goodbye our beloved Focus as my driveway is too small for two. Our trip back home was a dream come true!

A big thanks to all of you for your comments! One issue so far: I've replaced the battery in the second fob but no idea how to sync it. Any help?...