Fabia VRS silencer needed

robbieh

Morning all. I've had my 2005 VRS now for 15yrs and it's remained pretty standard other than a few subtle upgrades. Unfortunately the rear silencer has just started to blow and I wanted to stick with stock OE but TPS quoted £400 for just the back box and there are none in the UK. Obviously I could get a complete stainless system for that and have change, but I wondered if anyone on here in the Kent area might have a standard OE one gathering dust in their garage/shed that they no longer need? It would need to be in very good condition and have been cut in the correct place.

Cheers.

Also, just for info, the NS CV boot has split and the part has been made obsolete by Skoda! Looks like it'll be aftermarket for the boot.

• Like 1

Bog standard ones for the 6Y seem cheap. BUT they cover the model range so don't have the VRS twin pipes or the chrome tip. Most also tip downwards. £50-£100 ish. There are options with push and screw chrome tips or weld on tips but some fettling would be required.

It's not worth welding, as although it's only just started to blow the rest of the metal on the pipe where it's holed is in a poor way and on a bend/curve, AND the skins on the box itself are also starting to separate. Not done bad for a 17yr old silencer but time for the scrap bin now. 
I'd rather fit a genuine VRS silencer (if I can get one) or will go the stainless route with Milltek/Piper/Etc if I have to. Not going down the ****e 'mild steel' aftermarket route.