Lowering the SE L suspension similar to Sportline

FinFerNan

This may end up going nowhere, but thought I'd ask anyway. I recently bought a brand new SEL (it's the 150 Tdi version) and although I like the way it rides, I'm not quite so enamoured with the slightly roly poly handling. Now, I guess I could just give it time and become accoustomed to the way the car drives and yes perhaps I should have just opted for the Sportline (but I didn't) 

So, my question is.......... how much would it cost to swap the standard suspension out to make the car handle more like the Sportline? Is is simply a matter of lowered springs? In which case we are talking fairly modest money or is it more involved, which probably means I'll not take this any further.

If any of you have any knowledge of this kind of modification I'd be grateful for input both for and against. 

Have you checked the tyres are at the correct pressure.

I believe the Sportline versions don’t have lowered suspension and actually sit slightly higher than other versions due to the larger wheels.

12D4F066-031B-46C1-9B85-C7EC31AD0549.jpeg

This sounds the kind of thing I'm after. Did you notice any significant difference in the ride? 

On 16/10/2022 at 13:07, irfant said:

Got 30 mm H&R sport springs and very happy since 2 years about handling and better feel 

IMG_E4135.JPG

Edited by FinFerNan

10 hours ago, FinFerNan said:

This sounds the kind of thing I'm after. Did you notice any significant difference in the ride? 

The driving become more stable. Especially when cornering at low or high speed you feel stiffer ride. 30 mm lowering did not reduce the comfort, no bumpier ride. Car is still high to easily pass speed bumps. 

Edited by irfant
  • Like 1