I don't have the details in writing yet, but I know I was told it included oil, wipers, bulbs, brakes, even clutch (wouldn't that be a warranty job anyway?), and remote control batteries (big deal!). For a bit over another

Well a variable service after a maximum of two years or 20k miles is likely to cost between £240 and £300 , so if they are doing 3 years and 30k for £330 thats worth taking them up on.

Do they say what tyres they will fit for you?

If they are promising expensive michelins which are normally £100+ each then again , it's worth having.

If they don't specify it they will probably be cheap yokohamas or similar which are only about £60 each fitted.

I was told they'd be Continental tyres, but I suspect they may be at the discretion of the dealer at the time. I don't plan to take them up on the tyres as I'd like control over what is fitted, and I might prefer to rotate them. The 3 year service offer also includes consumables like brake fluid.

Well I'm currently on 35K Miles on variable servicing had one Service at 19K for just under £200 and put on two new front tyres Michelin Pilot Primacy for £150 from CostCo IIRC. Depends upon what limit they put on mileage I suppose, plus I'm guessing you have to pay up front. What happens if the Garage goes bust?

I can use any Skoda dealer. I believe it's a Skoda offer. I'm thinking it may be an incentive to get more people on to fixed interval servicing, so boosting business for the dealers after 3 years.

The first three fixed interval services are included. ie 12 months/10k miles, 24 months/24k miles and 36 months/36k miles. Brake fluid is changed at the second service. Wear and tear items include brakes and clutch. Wipers are changed if required. Electrics are included, even xenons apparently.

Whilst initially the offer may seem attractive, I have to be on fixed interval service, which may be a downside if I end up keeping the car for a good many years.