Drivers side crash sensor location

Sam745

On 25/10/2022 at 08:37, Sam745 said:

Update: Found the crash sensor which was as described on the cross member under the drivers seat. (thanks)
My thought was to try and change it to see if it’s the sensor that has the issue rather than wiring. 
I don’t really want to buy a new one so was looking on eBay. From the part number it appears to be quite a generic vw sensor but I don’t know how these things work. 
I know the airbag ecu has to be correct with the correct part number and index (which I presume is software). Any idea about the sensor? Should one with the correct part number (5WK 42895 - 6QO  909 606) work or are they indexed to the ecu software (and if they are how do you tell?)

A5424E18-6C71-4CDF-8864-6B5F5762BB7E.jpeg

Sorry to open this again, but: Did this work? You just replaced this sensor with the same part number? I have the same problem but with superb. 

Thanks in advance!

- Mikael

4 minutes ago, Sam745 said:

I wish it did work!

No we ended up having to buy a brand new crash sensor having tried two used ones. I think it cost £170 but it was the only way to get it to work. 

Thanks! Maybe I shall just buy new sensor then aswell and not even try used ones. 

Did you happen to order it yourself with that part number?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Has anyone had success finding a replacement Crash Sensor? I have a faulty one on a MK1 Octavia (swapped with drivers side and fault swapped side - so I know it is the sensor). The local garage can't source a new one and MOT is due next week.

Fault code "01222 Crash Sensor Side Airbag Passenger Side (G180) open Circuit/Short With Power"

image.thumb.jpeg.6bb62b16e23a6a3bb7f2a3c2a1425232.jpeg

14 hours ago, 5teve said:

Hi, Has anyone had success finding a replacement Crash Sensor? I have a faulty one on a MK1 Octavia (swapped with drivers side and fault swapped side - so I know it is the sensor). The local garage can't source a new one and MOT is due next week.

Fault code "01222 Crash Sensor Side Airbag Passenger Side (G180) open Circuit/Short With Power"

image.thumb.jpeg.6bb62b16e23a6a3bb7f2a3c2a1425232.jpeg

Hey,

I am changing one replacement part tomorrow. Bought it off ebay. You need to read the airbag ecu to know which part you want to buy. 

Here is picture from the superb I am fixing:

As you look the ”component:—” you see that there is 0K text there. According to internetwizards (+the actual dealership in Finland) that is the component code for your crash sensor. So you need to read your ECU and see that text what it says.

Hope this helps.

IMG_0683.jpeg

On 17/11/2023 at 06:11, Cuuca said:

Hey,

I am changing one replacement part tomorrow. Bought it off ebay. You need to read the airbag ecu to know which part you want to buy. 

Here is picture from the superb I am fixing:

As you look the ”component:—” you see that there is 0K text there. According to internetwizards (+the actual dealership in Finland) that is the component code for your crash sensor. So you need to read your ECU and see that text what it says.

Hope this helps.

IMG_0683.jpeg

Updating this also:

Yes indeed it worked. Repair took 1hour including a cup of coffee.