Relays in engine-bay fusebox

Hi. Can anyone tell me what the relays are responsible for in the attached pic?

I'm having an issue where my radiator fan spins up at random, while the car is off, and kills the battery.

Another post on this site, for a different model, saidreplacing a faulty relay in the fusebox fixed this exact issue:

Anyone know which relay is responsible for the radiator fan? 18, 100, or 167?

Car is 2008 Octavia VRS Mk2, 2L, Petrol.

Thanks

20221025_113638 - Copy.jpg

19 minutes ago, dfunkier said:

@varooomThanks! Can you tell me where you found this info? Is it freely available online? I spent some time looking and could not find anything relevant to my model.

It's erWin Skoda

You can pay around 7 Euro for 1hr and access repair manuals and wiring diagrams for you motor (grab the lot!)

• 2 months later...

@varooom is the manual as good as Haynes used to be? I.e. location photos and how to’s. I have a 2011 Octavia Est with 1,6l BSE engine and Haynes only offer online autofix manual for this car/engine, which seems great for circuit diagram based investigations but seems to rely on you knowing where things are located. 

3 hours ago, macgee15 said:

@varooom is the manual as good as Haynes used to be? I.e. location photos and how to’s. I have a 2011 Octavia Est with 1,6l BSE engine and Haynes only offer online autofix manual for this car/engine, which seems great for circuit diagram based investigations but seems to rely on you knowing where things are located. 

They have several thousand pages in a the wiring diagram PDF's, but in the last few hundred you will find all the good information on where to locate the control modules/loom connections.

So you have for example this to find control units

Spoiler

1553353492_ControlUnits.thumb.png.ab634badd6926dd3ff9fe880d9f7ece6.png

Here they show you an image along with the text on where to find J446 (being a PDF you can search!)

Spoiler

62790532_ParkingAidLocation.thumb.png.5b0f7850266c0ea0fe677b8de1c0b4f1.png

You can then get an overview of the control unit and where pin 1 is located on each connector, and it's designation T12p for example

Spoiler

819969617_ParkingAidConnectors.thumb.png.30c3e583587a0584b9e011e84bd877d4.png

If you was trying to find where the loom connections are these are also found here, and again you can see they are named (so can be searched)

Spoiler

1566061137_Connectorlocations.thumb.png.4c8f56065ee60cd0c99c273b8fc7810a.png

Finding these locations can be half the battle, as you need to remove trims.. they also have instructions in other PDF's to show you the way to remove the carpet/panels that are in the way.

For a single hour in erWin you can get everything you need for your car downloaded for all of time.

1 minute ago, macgee15 said:

@varooom Thank you. Your reply with that information is really helpful. Looks like I will be downloading that later tonight!

Make sure you have your VIN stored in a text file ready to copy/paste into the site.  This will then allow it to filter files to your motor.  You should also be able to download you build codes (PR Codes) that will allow you to find parts just for your car fitment.

• Like 1