Tuners in Kent / Essex / SE London

Mattmahope

Hi all, I have been very quiet for a while on the Yeti front, as have been spending a lot of time dealing with my project Lotus in the interim.  Now looking to revisit the Yeti project...

I have a pre-FL 140 Elegance DSG in Steel Grey, which has been great.  Currently the only mod is a new set of wheels.  Now I am considering the following:

• remap
  • flappy paddles on the steering wheel for DSG
  • brake upgrade
  • anti-roll bar upgrade

I live in Greenwich, SE London.  Question is whether there are any recommended tuning shops nearby or in the surrounding Kent or Essex area that would be able to do the work for me?

Also welcome any thoughts/suggestions on my proposed upgrades.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mattmahope said:

Greenwich, SE London.  Question is whether there are any recommended tuning shops nearby or in the surrounding Kent or Essex area

I think there's someone in Essex. Or further out in East Anglia there's Emerald.

Mods I'd do brakes first, then a spring kit or both ARBs, then the remap. I don't see much benefit from adding flappy paddles to the standard TIP shift.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I think there's someone in Essex. Or further out in East Anglia there's Emerald.

Mods I'd do brakes first, then a spring kit or both ARBs, then the remap. I don't see much benefit from adding flappy paddles to the standard TIP shift.

Thanks Ken, very helpful.  Will take a look at Emerald.

My steering wheel is already pretty knackered and need replacing, so was thinking of replacing it with a newer version with paddles. 

On 27/10/2022 at 12:06, KenONeill said:

Can't seem to find Emerald in East Anglia.  Are you able to provide a link to their website please?

Anyone had any experience with AmD Tuning in Grays?  They seem to offer mapping for the Yeti and maybe do other work.

5 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

any experience with AmD Tuning in Grays

Not as such, but they're one of the names I was trying to remember.

As for Emerald, maybe ask @Mankee ; He used to work for Practical Performance Car, and Dave Walker wrote columns for them.