Retrofit Questions - Maxidot and MFSW on pre-FL

I've been doing some reading around retrofits for pre-FL Mk2s and I'm trying to find out a bit more.

For context, the car is currently standard apart from an RCD330 head unit which works great..

I'm looking into fitting maxidot and I've found a pre-FL diesel VRS cluster for sale.  I'm fairly confident I understand what's involved in fitting this.

What I'm wondering is whether fitting a facelift maxidot cluster is difficult, and whether this would give me the option on future of fitting a FL MFSW and having it work fully with the steering wheel controls.

I'm also wondering how well this maxidot/MFSW combination would integrate with my RCD330 unit, both with native audio playback/phone connection and also when using CarPlay.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Whilst I can't comment on the retro-fitting, my pre-FL Scout has Maxidot and MFSW and I've looked at retro-fitting an MFSW to t'other halves facelift Mark2. 

If you're handy with VCDS or know someone who is, fitting the clocks isn't a bad job, it's just coding them.

You'll also need a slightly different stalk that allows you to access the menus within the Maxidot, as the standard stalks just have a rocker switch at the end, where as the ones for Maxidot have a rocker, but also a button on the underside that's your 'Enter/OK' button.

To fit the MFSW you may need to change the airbag slip ring and you'll need to check if you have a highline steering wheel control unit to support the additional buttons that an MFSW brings. Again. Coding will be necessary once everything is installed.

Regarding operation of the radio, I can't comment, as I'm running the standard Stream MP3 in my Scout, but again I can't see why it wouldn't work if you've fitted the correct slip ring, controller and done the appropriate box ticking in VCDS.