Seat heating part numbers

collard

Afternoon. Enjoying my Enyaq but I did make a mistake in not specifying heated seats so I'm going to retro fit them. 

I've found the cabling from Kufatech 

Seat Heating Harness for Seat, Skoda MQB2020, MEB
https://www.kufatec.com/en/search?sSearch=46757

Cable set seat heating - heating mats for MQB
https://www.kufatec.com/en/search?sSearch=43362

I have a source for the OEM heating Mats (Skodaparts.com) but they can't tell which variant of the seat heater I need for the seats. 
seat:
a/ 5LA963555E
b/ 5LA963555D

backrest:
a/ 5LA963557E
b/ 5LA963557F

Can anyone shed any light on differences between the two sets of part numbers there?

Cheers,

G

• 4 weeks later...

It seems unusual that the modification code letters on the part numbers were for leather or non leather seat coverings. Usually these letters just indicate consecutive updates/improvements to the individual part. It obviously worked anyway so well done. I don’t think I’d be so brave tackling into the leather upholstery on a brand new car. Great result. What sort of time and funds to get it done ?

Ah good knowledge. I just copied the part numbers from another car with the same interior, Fitted fine. 

I think the whole thing cost about £400 which is similar to the option cost but i didn’t realise I hadn’t optioned heated seats until too late in the ordering process to add them so this was my best option. Probably 4hrs per seat and another 4 hours for the wiring as I had a bit of problem solving to do to locate and access the AC Control module. Usually someone on YouTube has trod the path before you, but not so on this project. 

I understand your point of view but the car is just a tool to me; it’s there to be used, it’ll have 100k on it by the time I part with it and quite enjoyed the challenge. There’s also the fact that seat heating uses less power than space heating so there’s actually a range advantage to be had too. (Probably…….)

Edited by collard

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2022 at 19:19, Joe1303L said:

It seems unusual that the modification code letters on the part numbers were for leather or non leather seat coverings. Usually these letters just indicate consecutive updates/improvements to the individual part. It obviously worked anyway so well done. I don’t think I’d be so brave tackling into the leather upholstery on a brand new car. Great result. What sort of time and funds to get it done ?

Thats the same as the Land Rover I had - I changed the seat pad and also heater element on it after 180k or so as the squab had gone a bit soft and they are different part numbers for leather and cloth. Maybe they run at a different temperature?

• 8 months later...
On 27/10/2022 at 13:54, collard said:
Afternoon. Enjoying my Enyaq but I did make a mistake in not specifying heated seats so I'm going to retro fit them. 

I've found the cabling from Kufatech 

Seat Heating Harness for Seat, Skoda MQB2020, MEB
https://www.kufatec.com/en/search?sSearch=46757

Cable set seat heating - heating mats for MQB
https://www.kufatec.com/en/search?sSearch=43362

I have a source for the OEM heating Mats (Skodaparts.com) but they can't tell which variant of the seat heater I need for the seats. 
seat:
a/ 5LA963555E
b/ 5LA963555D

backrest:
a/ 5LA963557E
b/ 5LA963557F

Can anyone shed any light on differences between the two sets of part numbers there?

Cheers,

G

Would they just be right hand and left hand, depending on the drive side of the car?