1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I love an SE. :)

Me too :nod:

They've got that je ne sais quoi about them 😎

Gaz

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

2 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

....if they weren't as expensive I'd have one! :)

If they did an auto/DSG, I'd have one too :nod:😢

G

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a small update: Started to get a waving montion through the steering when braking, so was told the brake discs had warped by out local garage. Replaced them with Pagid and was fine for a little while but then the same started happening, so the brake discs/pads were changed again.
It started to happen again after a few weeks/months, so it’s had new hubs front and back, which seems to have stopped the majority of the wave motion but thinking the discs may have become warped again as it’s only a minor wave motion now. Garage have said to try and work out the warp but we’re thinking we’ll probably just get some Mtec discs and pads and go from there, though we don’t want to keep throwing money on discs and pads.

Nothing much else to report, so here’s the latest clean picture i’ve taken:

IMG_3024.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2023 at 12:31, vRS19TD said:

Just a small update: Started to get a waving montion through the steering when braking, so was told the brake discs had warped by out local garage. Replaced them with Pagid and was fine for a little while but then the same started happening, so the brake discs/pads were changed again.
It started to happen again after a few weeks/months, so it’s had new hubs front and back, which seems to have stopped the majority of the wave motion but thinking the discs may have become warped again as it’s only a minor wave motion now. Garage have said to try and work out the warp but we’re thinking we’ll probably just get some Mtec discs and pads and go from there, though we don’t want to keep throwing money on discs and pads.

How's your console bushes? Was told that can cause an issue like this, as my one is doing the same!

Wanders something lethal at an indicated *ahem* big seven-zero too. You end up doing that shuffling the wheel from side-to-side like some actor in a sitcom in a car in front of a green screen! :D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

How's your console bushes? Was told that can cause an issue like this, as my one is doing the same!

Wanders something lethal at an indicated *ahem* big seven-zero too. You end up doing that shuffling the wheel from side-to-side like some actor in a sitcom in a car in front of a green screen! :D

Console bushes have been changed and still doing it. It’s only slight now and has been since the front hubs were changed, so i am still thinking it’s warped discs again, possibly caused by crappy hubs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vRS19TD said:

Console bushes have been changed and still doing it. It’s only slight now and has been since the front hubs were changed, so i am still thinking it’s warped discs again, possibly caused by crappy hubs.

I really hope mine isn't hubs as I bought Brembo discs last time! :sadsmile:

• Sad 1

On 05/06/2023 at 22:51, vRS19TD said:

It’s only slight now and has been since the front hubs were changed, so i am still thinking it’s warped discs again

I'm wondering if it's glazed rather than warped discs... Check the runout with a dial gauge rather than putting more discs and pads in the parts cannon.

• Like 3