car wont start p0087

After over year trouble free motoring my car has let me down, im getting the error code p0087, it just turns over but won't start,

i got no warnings, was driving fine, parked car up then a minute later would not start,

code was pulled from a cheap obd, 3x p0087 codes and p0121,

aa man tried to use easy start it started for few seconds then died, he just said fuel pump gone, coil light was flashing when trying to start

when ignition on i get red steering light it was amber before, eml stays on and battery light stays on,

any advice would be appreciated

These two links show more information on your fault codes and further links to people who had the same problem.

https://www.ross-tech.com/Search-Results.html?q=p0087    Possible fuel supply problem.

https://www.ross-tech.com/Search-Results.html?q=p0121    Possible throttle position sensor fault.

With the ignition on and the engine not running, it is normal to have the battery light on as it indicates the alternator is not charging the battery. It should go off as soon as the engine starts.

The red steering wheel icon may be an indication that battery has low charge - too low a voltage to run the power steering.

When did you last change the battery? It may be its capacity is getting low. Give it a charge before trying again.

• Like 1

update

checked fuel filter, removed low pressure pump all is clean,

vcds scan not showing p0087 anymore but this code keeps coming back 001542 - Internal Control Module P0606 - 000 - Processor Fault

still not starting

any advice cheers

yes i've had a good read last night thanks,

update

today was checking fuses on side of dash there were 2 blown fuses in the middle, replaced them still no start,

checked ecu no signs of damage, disconnected battery for an hour, reconnected battery then fired up instantly

only test drove for ten minutes seems fine,  however throttle pedal feels soft i have to press more, so maybe related to the p0121 code

will update after further investigation

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, Raydstevenson said:

Did u find out what was the problem I have same issue

yes, ive been meaning to update thread,

it's either the ignition barrel or the switch at the end of barrel, i have to remove/insert/wiggle key slowly for it to start, 

if i remove key instantly the rad fan switches on for few minutes after car is locked,

when i insert key and try to start most times it fires up straight away when it doesn't start i have wiggle key but then i get random electric fault codes

ive ordered barrel with keys and new switch, still not turned up, when/if fixed ill update

It is probably the switch at the end of the barrel. Easy to change if you follow the video. 

There is a thread on here with everything you need to know. Do a search over the last 12 months.

Saves having a different key for the ignition and door unless you change the blades on the two remote keys.

Edited by pikpilot

• 2 weeks later...

update

it was the barrel that was faulty, had load of debris in the key hole and the pins were getting stuck,

anyway got a second hand off a suberb from the scrappers all sorted