Calliper repair kit

Hi I have skoda octavia scout 2010

Calliper needs replacing so I thought I would buy a piston repair kit 38mm 

Put in my car details a kit come up on amazon bought it but rubber boot that goes over the piston has a small steel ring in it the original one.

The replacement I have does not have a ring in it and is 4mm smaller in diameter than the original 

So will not be a tight fit in the housing 

Any one else had this issue looks like I might have to buy the whole unit to be sure 

It sounds like you bought the wrong parts.

If you're taking the calliper apart you could just disassemble EVERYTHING, THOROUGHLY clean in hot soapy water, hot rinse and hair dryer dry.

Provided there isn't significant pitting on the piston or obvious wear/leaking from either the piston seal or handbrake mechanism o-ring you should be good to reuse.

Edited by MicMac

The piston isn't to bad and there was no leaking it was sticking there is a slight ring around the piston ovs we're it must ov been sticking 

The piston boot was split so I have pulled that out thats wy I bought this kit 

Now don't have a boot replacement 

But the seal was good around the piston was ok