Yeti to Karoq - Educate Me!

RallySimon

I loved my 3 yetis but having moved on to Karoq it is a generation newer in design and much better in almost every way in how it works, drives and technology installed.

I always found the Yeti accelerator a little uncomfortable to use and the seats a little too narrow, no such problem in Karoq.

You have gone back to a car that is now at least 5 years old and getting left further behind all the time.

Edited by kenfowler3966

7 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

I loved my 3 yetis but having moved on to Karoq it is a generation newer in design and much better in almost every way in how it works, drives and technology installed.

I always found the Yeti accelerator a little uncomfortable to use and the seats a little too narrow, no such problem in Karoq.

You have gone back to a car that is now at least 5 years old and getting left further behind all the time.

I think its the garage issue that would be insurmountable Ken. 

I don't know anything about them, but would the Kamiq  be a little narrower and a better fit for the OP?

Who still puts a car in a garage? Yes the Karoq is bigger than Kamiq, but not sure how either compare to Yeti.

I like the high up driving position of both Yeti and Karoq. Getting into a Kamiq is like stepping down into a conventional car.

If size was the governing factor I would personally have a Fabia. We have had several of these as my wife’s car since they were first released and my daughter is using one at the moment.

A Fabia would be more economical to run than a Kamiq.

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Who still puts a car in a garage?

I do!

Who wouldn't put their second most valuable asset ( after their house) undercover, protected form the elements,  vandals, thieves, etc. if one was available?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KaroqKent said:

Who wouldn't put their second most valuable asset ( after their house) undercover, protected form the elements,  vandals, thieves, etc. if one was available?

Me.  The Yeti and the Karoq sit out on the drive.  The garage is for motorcycles,  🥰

I built a tandem double garage, extra wide when we moved into our house in 1990. It was used as such for a rew years but is a pain to open and close door etc. I also came to the conclusion that a wet car put into a garage corroded faster than one outside free to dry off in moving air.

Garage is now a workshop, store etc and no chance of getting a car in.

Most garages are anyway too small for modern cars, better suited to smaller cars built in the past, as the thread starter has found.

I think the varied responses on here go to show how everyone is different, and it would be a boring planet if we were all the same!

I don't have a driveway, and don't want to join in with all the other neighbours fighting over the limited parking spaces in the street - I bought a house with a garage so I could keep my car in it. I could have lived with how tight a fit it was in the garage if I liked the car, but it wasn't for me.

I know they are a nice car, but I preferred my Yeti even if it is 5 years old. Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur!

The firm seats were the deciding thing for me, and I note the comment earlier about the leather seats in the SE L Karoq being comfy - the dealer did say to me that the SE L has 'normal' seats compared to the firmer sporty seats in the Sportline and that maybe that would have been a better choice, only there wasn't anything to the spec I wanted at the time.

They were quite helpful at the dealers in looking up and suggesting some alternatives - the VW T-Roc is a bit smaller, almost identical dimensions to the Yeti, and if looking at one 1-2 years old, they were available with the 2.0 TDI and manual 6 speed but still with 4x4 which would be a good choice if I can find one with low mileage.

I did consider the Kamiq and test drove one, and it actually felt more like the Yeti to drive. Its also the same width as the Yeti and hardly any longer, but I didn't like the lower seating position, and wasn't keen on the 1.5 petrol engine after being used to the torque of the diesel, and they are only 2wd.

Cheers,

• Like 1