Maxton rear valance

Has anybody fitted a maxton rear valance on their vrs?? 

Tempted to get one especially because they have one that has a flap for a tow bar. 

Just wondering how difficult it was to take off the old valance and then fit the maxton 

Thanks in advance

Ps no smart aslrse comments saying us long term Octavia owners have put this thread on. I have tried searching and the search engine isn't very good for searching for topics 

When I was looking I found alot of people complained they start melting/deforming around the exhaust exits. . I can't remember if it was more of a tsi problem or tdi. . 

Fitting is easy. . Few screws under the back bumper and pry it off. 

I ended up with a rieger part rather than maxton

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vrs'burks said:

When I was looking I found alot of people complained they start melting/deforming around the exhaust exits. . I can't remember if it was more of a tsi problem or tdi. . 

Fitting is easy. . Few screws under the back bumper and pry it off. 

I ended up with a rieger part rather than maxton

Cheers 

Yeah maxton are working on this issue with the diesal version. It comes with a part that protects the valance from melted. They have reduced the price while it gets sorted but have said because they have notified of issue if it melts there's no warranty. 

Apparently they've sold loads and it's only happened due miss fitting the heat shield 

Anyways I'm going to order an see how I get on ha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 27/02/2023 at 23:06, mattft86 said:

Removed 4 or 6 screws then just popped the clips out. To about 10 minutes to get it off. 

Have had one attempt and bottled it because it felt like I was going to break the original valance trying to pop it off the clips lol

24 minutes ago, Shawry85 said:

Have had one attempt and bottled it because it felt like I was going to break the original valance trying to pop it off the clips lol

I didn’t think it was too bad surprisingly, it came off smoothly and easy.