Replacing external window wiper/scraper seal

Hi all,

Has anyone replaced this seal before and if so, can it simply be pulled out or do i need tools/to dismantle the door card?

7031A554-4F38-4D1D-99C7-ED589179E026.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, General-Melchett said:

Did you get the seal replaced?

Not yet, I ordered the part and when it arrives next week, I’ll find some time to give it a go at replacing it over Xmas. That said as and when I do, I’ll post my findings on how to do it

Edited by SotonEd

So had an hour spare this afternoon and so worked out how to do it. 

The answer is that if you have a pre facelift Octavia, you can pull it straight off (put the window down and start gently pulling in the middle) and slide it away from under the mirror. If you have post FL Octavia then you need to take to take the door card off along with the mirror. I’ve got a post FL version so I need to get a couple of trim removal tools to avoid risk breaking the retaining clips.

So I changed the seal this afternoon which took about 30 seconds but taking the door card and the mirror off took a bit longer(!) especially as I had never done it before. Still didn’t break any clips as used set of trip removal tools (maybe a bit lucky) and it was relatively easy to do. 👍

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2023 at 20:51, kd02 said:

Can you tell me where you get these seals from and what sort of price are they?

Thanks in advance.

I got the seal from Skoda-shop.com and it was about £19 and spent enough on other parts to get free postage.

19 hours ago, JoeOctavia said:

on a 2013 mk3 octavia is it just a case of opening the window right down, pulling that seal off and then pushing on a replacement?

I reckon so from what i saw in a pre FL workshop manuel. It’s worth taking a look at the end of the seal at the door hinge end and if it looks like it will slide out under the mirror fitting then you’re in luck. Top tip to remove it is to start loosening it in the middle of the window and as soon as you get one part free then free up the door handle end then slide it out.