Air con / condensation problem.

Walder

Aircon / condensation problem

Walder

RMS Regular
Walder
I need a bit of advice as I'm drawing a blank.

With the cold weather in my 2015 superb estate is no developing a condensation probkem.

I cannot figure it out. As if the car is sitting idling the windows etc all clear but as soon as I take off minutes later condensation forms across all the windows and windscreen and it doesn't clear.

I've tried it with the aircon off the same problem. It is getting worse with the cold snap we are in. Sat in junction one for 15 minutes waiting on the wife no condensation by the time I reached the old cinema in antrim the windows you couldn't see out off and the windscreen was about 75% covered. This is after I changed the pollen filter this morning thinking it maybe linked.

I can't find any damp getting in (albeit a quick look) and it's strange it only happens once the car is in motion.

Any suggestions welcome 

Just now, dg360 said:

Are you losing any engine coolant? I hope it isn't this but could be the heater matrix leaking.

Other things to check:

Under boot floor

Drain holes in scuttle at bottom of windscreen

I haven't checked coolant levels tbh yet. But it struggles to get the temp up I believe it maybe the dsg thermostat sticking. 

But i will get a look at the above in daylight. Cheers for a steer. 

^^^ Edit,

there is an issue straight away.  Best deal with the 2nd thermostat issue.

Then the Pollen filter.  When was that checked / changed?

& settings, and outside temperature because do not count on the AC if the outside temp is near freezing. 

?

What was the outside temp?

?

Has the AC ever been serviced?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/509031-air-con-not-demisting

Edited by toot