Rear fog light continually on when lights switched on.

Hi,

Looking for advice if anyone else has had similar issue.My Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI 2014 rear fog light is comes on permanently when lights are on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix.

Thanks

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Hi, welcome. 

With the lights on try pushing the light switch in towards the dash - the Owner's Manual is often your friend but you do have to read it and refer to it when required.  If you don't have your copy of the printed paper version, or in addition, you can download a pdf version from the following link. - https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

Normally you're best to post in the section for your model and year for such enquiries.  ETA: has now been moved.

Hopefully a quick, easy, free repair in the warm and without getting your hands dirty, the only type of repair and work on a car.

kmkm.jpg.d435cc7daa398cd5857fc0014cd06242.jpg

Edited by nta16
ETA:
  • Like 1

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

1 minute ago, GerWald said:

Thanks,tried this but still on when main lights are on.

Uhmm, perhaps it's a faulty switch then, for how it's removed I'd search this site, Google or YouTube.

Other thing I suppose is to plug in a scan tool to see if anything shows up but you'd think it'd be the switch.

Perhaps other Rapid or Skoda owners have had this fault too and are able to give you a better answer than me.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site,

It might be guesswork, though the suggestions so far have been good to rule out @nta16

You may need to scan the car with a diagnostic tool, as you may have a short somewhere in the wiring causing this, so a possible fault code could be stored.

List of users in map format here... message a few local people, as it increases your chance of success in finding someone.

• Like 1