Brake Hold Function

Armafabia

If you mean 'Hill Hold Assist'  which holds the car for a few seconds when your foot goes from brake pedal to accelerator then the brake light is on because the foot is on the brake.

If the car has an e-Brake and 'Autohold'  the Brake lights are on when the car is held with 'Autohold'. 

Not when just when the e-Brake / Parking brake functioning. 

If you have a manual parking / hand brake you do not have 'autohold'. 

There are cars from the VW Group with DSG's, e-Brakes / Autohold that do not have the brake lights on when the car is sitting with 'Autohold' holding the car. 

16 hours ago, Armafabia said:

Does the Kamiq or indeed any Skoda have the brake hold function with DFG models.  If so, can you confirm if the brake lights come on when this function is applied.

You are misunderstanding, it is called hill hold, what it does is delay releasing the brakes for a couple of seconds whilst you foot moves from brake to accelerator.  So brake lights would be on whilst foot is on brake.  

The Kamiq (and smaller Skoda cars) has a manual handbrake (normal pull up lever), not an electric brake (which is only on bigger models with 5 x 112 PCD wheels hubs).

If want brake lights off, got to put it in neutral and take foot off the brake pedal.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don’t think I’ve explained the query very well.  I’m not referring to the hill hold assist function but the ‘Autohold’ or brake hold for DSG models which Toot has referred to in his reply.  I was trying to establish if the brake light remains illuminated when autohold is engaged but Toot has also explained that it depends on what type of car you are driving.  I used to own an Audi Q2 STRONIC/DSG which had this feature and I’m pretty sure that when taking you foot off the brake pedal, being stationary at traffic lights for example, the brake lights did not illuminate.  A good feature as you don’t dazzle the driver sitting behind you.  However, my son has taken delivery of Toyota Yaris which also has an autohold system but the brake lights stay on even after taking your foot off the brake.  My Kamiq is a DSG model with the traditional handbrake but I was unsure if higher spec models had an autohold option.

Cheers

The Audi might not have the Brake Lights on, my 2016 SEAT Alhambra did not have them on with 'Autohold'.  

(I started threads about the Autohold and brakelights. there are others)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/497760-code-out-brake-lights-on-autohold

Some with cars with Autohold would best have someone check, or check themselves'.

Obviously if they get out the car the e-Brake goes on when they take off the seat belt or open the door and Autohold goes off.