Washer fluid

FilipT

Does Scala have sensor for low washer fluid? Mine is not working because I notice that there is no washer fluid when nothing comes put while washing windshield .

Screenshot from manual

Screenshot_20230108-160621_Chrome.png

Can you hear the pump whirring when you try to use the wash/wipe? Is there a chance the fluid has been frozen - it can sometimes blow a fuse?

Edited by bigjohn

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

How much do you use, are you sure it isn't slowly leaking out, why not make up a flexible dipstick to check the level and see how quickly it drops.

Or you will just have to top it up a lot more regularly.

Note, it is not normally a good idea to wait for any warning or rely on these warning as often they appear too late or could misfunction be proactive instead prevention is better than cure.

If you find you do have a warning light then it might be malfunctioning.

Edited by nta16
ETA: Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

2 hours ago, FilipT said:

I will ask them when I'll leave my car on regular service, 4000 km to go :)

Are you young by any chance, if so look at the warning lights on the dash as they come on to test with ignition for too brief for old eyes and brain time and see if there is the symbol that lights up to test for windscreen washer fluid level.

How much are you using?  Perhaps the use of Rain-X or equivalent on the windscreen (and rear screen if required) and Rain-X silicone wipers might help.  Unless you're emptying the washer bottle power-washing the headlights in which case you could perhaps manually clean them occasionally before or after a journey if required, or even mid-journey if it is a really long run.

Good luck, let us know the outcome. 👍

I was watching this morning and I didn't see that light. Maybe my model don't have it.

I don't use it that much, but it's luck that whenever I go on long journey I run off it im the middle. In the future I have to top up before and it will be okay :D

I'll post update when I do the service, next month i think.

• Like 1