Sat nav update

13 minutes ago, Donkey001 said:

Help I am having problems updating my columns system I've downloaded and unzipped files as I always do but when I send to 32 gig SD card it says I need more space???? 32 always been plenty 

Try exFAT format, I think in testing it has a little extra room for Map, if not you will need to get a bigger card (not all 32GB are made the same!)

On 13/01/2023 at 16:20, Donkey001 said:

All sorted now using a 64gb USB stick file I loaded yesterday wasn't 100% so deleted and unzipped new file

Where can you purchase the most up to date files?

I am about to finalise the purchase of a 2016 S3, and doubt the software will ever have been updated.

1 hour ago, mangham54 said:

Where can you purchase the most up to date files?

I am about to finalise the purchase of a 2016 S3, and doubt the software will ever have been updated.

Check the two stickies on this thread and follow the one for your respective head unit -> Skoda Audio, Electronics and Security - BRISKODA. A particularly helpful chap (@MartiniB) digs out the direct link to the downloadable zip files when they're available.  I've updated mine (also a 2016 car) a few times over the last couple of years at zero cost.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. I managed to find the page where you can download them straight into the memory card.

To be honest though, since updating it, I have just bought a cable to use CarPlay and have just stuck to using Google Maps, as the traffic data updates much more accurately.

• Groan 1