Brake assist intermittent fault

Hi, I have the above fault coming up and then clearing once ignition is restarted. It also seems to come up in roughly the same location on my daily commute strangely enough. I have an OBD reader but not sure if it only does engine codes rather than safety features.

I have looked into getting it re-calibrated but not sure if it is this as someone said that if it was a re-cal required the fault would stay in?

I have just taken out the Skoda 'All in One' package which includes the 2 year warranty. I have a 30 day waiting period on this. I have booked in for 28/01 for MOT and oil change service and wondered the following:

Will they routinely do a code read for the above?

If fault not showing at the time will it be logged?

If logged would it be date stamped for instances of fault activation?

I am hoping I can wait the 30 days plus and then take it in to get the fault sorted.

Cheers

1 hour ago, xyster said:

Will they routinely do a code read for the above? I dont think they will do a fault scan as routine as that would be classed as 'diagnostics'

If fault not showing at the time will it be logged? Yes the fault codes should still be there - they will have a auto clear counter if not occured for X amount of cycles

If logged would it be date stamped for instances of fault activation? Yes, the exact date, time and mileage will be visible.

Replies above in bold.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply. Sorry for late read/reply.

Just to be clear, as the faults are logged with date/time, if a fault is intermittent and keeps clearing (as in no fault lit on dash) /returning do all activations date /time log or just the latest fault occurrence?

3 hours ago, xyster said:

Thanks for reply. Sorry for late read/reply.

Just to be clear, as the faults are logged with date/time, if a fault is intermittent and keeps clearing (as in no fault lit on dash) /returning do all activations date /time log or just the latest fault occurrence?

Good question, im not sure if it shows most recent or the first encounter but it will show an error counter for the amount of times its happened. 

That in itself would probably rule out a future warranty claim then as it must be over 100 now 😁.

If I get a diag done by an indy and they clear the fault, and then I wait until it reappears and roll up to say at Skoda garage saying " i've just had this fault warning come up" will it look like a new fault or would they know it was existing before the warranty was taken??