Greetings from Guernsey, CI

macgee15

Hello again! I have been a member since 2011 (at the time I was combining three dead / dying Felicias into one good runner, which was then sold! I have been inactive since then as I have been without a Skoda until Christmas 2022. My current ride is a 2011 Octavia mk2 facelift 1.6L BSE Estate. I have driven / owned an Estelle, Favorit, Felicia, Fabia and the Octavia, which I love, but have hit issues at the time of writing. Call me old school, but I miss having a proper Haynes manual in my hands for this car. I have the online Autofix version but it is not the same. I have bought the VCDS Hex V2 from Gendam so am getting to grips with that. 

@KenONeill Hi Ken, the second car I learnt to drive in was a rear engined Estelle way back in 1988 (my first was a Volvo Estate). Father in law no 1 owned Favorits and Felicias; drove them regularly as he was quite a lazy driver (he just wouldn’t change gear beyond 2nd most of the time). Moved to Guernsey in 2003 and saw a Felicia going for free with head gasket issues, then bought one for £50 with a head gasket issue before picking up a Felicia Est with a good engine but leaky sunroof, dodgy door and ignition locks, and a very dog smelling interior. Combined the best parts from all three of these into one good estate car, and sold off as many good parts as I could before selling on the car. I now have my Octavia, and my son has just passed his driving test and now owns a 2011 1.2 htp Fabia which I drive periodically as well. 

Edited by macgee15