Window trim coming off

Tishout

Hey, guys, I've got an issue with the trim of the rear quarter panel window on the passenger side - it started to come off from the corner near the door.

Asked the dealer how this can be fixed and/or replaced - the service manager said the trims are moulded with the windows and come as a single unit, so we have to change the whole window to fix this. 🤨😳 Alternatively, he mentioned (sort of off the record) that I can try gluing it with evo stik. I'm a bit puzzled by all this - anyone had similar experience? 🤔

20230125_105753.jpg

no, my car was bought second hand and it was one of the "assumed faults" that I managed to negotiate the price a bit.

I am not happy about it but not unhappy enough to do something about it 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tishout said:

the service manager said the trims are moulded with the windows and come as a single unit, so we have to change the whole window to fix this

Well, either he doesn't know anything about cars, or he was lying to you :)

This is a separate part. It might be moulded, but it's a part of external window seal, and can be replaced easily. Has nothing to do with whole window, except for the fact, that you need to remove the window to replace it.

This is from different trim version, so not exactly yours, but should give you an idea of what i'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=5E3837477&safe=active&rlz=1C1GCEA_en__1024AT1025&sxsrf=AJOqlzX7T3Xek9q74ETKOGIY3njpGI6v9g:1674655689442&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjRwPXL8uL8AhWxs4sKHTLDCD4Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=2560&bih=1297&dpr=1#imgrc=kQ6pPP28cdq1VM

According to ETKA, i think this is what you need: 5E3837475A

2 hours ago, gon said:

yes, my one has the same problem.

Your has a different problem - seal is not peeling off, it's just installed incorrectly. Should be rather easy to fix, but takes time to get to it.

Edited by Felix2021
  • Like 1