forge motorsport strut brace fitted.

fitted my forge motorsport strut brace today and came across a problem.

as you can see the black box on the left hand side hits the brace when put back on and cannot be fasteded down at that side. anyone else had this problem?

daz

9447.attach

9448.attach

9449.attach

All you can do is discuss it with Forge.

Looks to me like it might have been designed for an Ibiza 1.8t that doesn't have the vacuum unit. IIRC the PD100 doesn't have the same unit either.

I fitted mine this morning,and yes,it does hit the vacuum box.It also hits the engine cover when the engine moves back under acceleration.It makes a horrible vibrating sound so I will have to try and bend the bar away.Sponge rubber will do in the mean time.:(

Instead of bodging it up why not give Forge a call, they are reasoable guys and if the part isn't suitable it isn't suitable.

Bending it certainly won't do it any good.

this is the reply i got from forge motorsport.

Hi Darren,

The black plastic solenoid box will require a small tweak in order to refit the tin fixing plate back in to its original place, this is the same for all the later Fabia's, Ibiza's and Polo's.

As far as the engine cover goes you are the first to aver mention this for a Fabia (we do know the Polo engine cover rubs on the bar) so I can only assume most owners simply remove the engine cover. If this solution is no use to you and you do want to retain the cover then we can offer you a refund on the brace. Sorry you have encountered issues with this brace. Please just let us know if a refund is required.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Richard Washbrook

Development Manager

Forge Motorsport

Ashville Trading Estate

Gloucester

GL2 5EU

United Kingdom

what do you think......remove the engine cover?

daz

...we can offer you a refund on the brace. Sorry you have encountered issues with this brace. Please just let us know if a refund is required.

I would take the refund and get a Seat one that fits!!

ive took the engine cover off and kinda like the look of the engine bay without it so im going to leave it. at least this thread has given others who may be looking at the forge motorsport strut brace the facts before buying.

daz:thumbup:

The engine cover is not just for show - it's there to reduce noise as well.

well it doesnt work.:rofl:

ive been driving around in it tonight and cant tell any difference. mind you i do have the noise from the induction kit that might drowned it out a little :thumbup:

daz