Timing belt

Looking at a 68 plate with just over 30k miles. The price doesn't seem out of the way but is it reasonable to ask for some discount as the timing belt will need doing? Before September if it's now every 5 years. DM Keith have quoted me £711 😂 

Sorry, missed you were just looking to buy the car.   ? So is it a Skoda Approved Used car.   FMDSH, or FSH?   The manufacturers guidelines, recommendations, schedule is at 5 years.    So is the other stuff done to the Manufactures recommendations.   Brake fluid, spark plugs, pollen filter and oil and filter.      They should get on and do the timing belt if they are putting 12 month warranty or 24 months on the car.  

Yes it's a 1.0 TSI 90. It's at a vauxhall dealer so I think you just get the bare minimum 90 warranty as standard. I'd prefer to get our local indy to do the belt if they'll knock some cash off the asking price. The car has also been in stock since September, which makes me slightly suspicious!

Anyway, apparently the water pump runs off a separate belt so that stealers price is just for the cambelt. I was expecting £550 ish but £700 is just silly 

• Thanks 1

Probably they paid too much for the car and might still be asking too much, or just are not interested in having others do work.

Check that your local independent has the tool required when doing a 1.0 TSI then. 

& their price.  

They might well not be using OE parts but no problem as you are not concerned about a Skoda / VW Warranty. Just the job done correctly.

???

*Have they done one? or more!*

http://mechanexpert.com/timing-belt-replacement-on-mk7-golf-1-0-tsi

This price at this service centre will not be with OE parts.   They can tel you how much wit those.

(There is a post about it today regarding 1.5 TSI's that are costing from £750 and Skoda are quoting as much as £1,300 on.  But then it takes over 6 hours according to them.)  That is the 1.5 ACT engines though, more than a 1.4 / 1.4 ACT or even just a 1.5 TSI.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 14.27.13.png

Edited by toot

41 minutes ago, toot said:

@Schm565Just noticed you are in Scotland,

who is selling it, and what area are you in and looking at getting the timing belt done? 

Woops, that needs updating, left Scotland a while ago now. Thanks for flagging that..