2.0 TDI Intake removal and fuel prime

Zundap

So 2010 2.0 TDI 170 Superb engine CBBB. 

Have code 2015, swirl flap motor fault, have read all about it, and know that my plastic intake manifold has to come off to fit modification bracket. 

To remove manifold I need to disconnect and move fuel rail/fuel injector pipes to gain access to a couple of the manifold bolts. 

My question is on reconnecting fuel pipes will I need to prime diesel system to remove air using  VCDS? Is this necessary? 

I don't have this software so is there an alternative method other than VCDS? Anyone in Edinburgh area who has access to software by any chance? 

Anyone done an intake removal before on this type of engine and could offer any advice it would be much appreciated. 

Cheers 

I've  the 170HP CFGB engine in my 2012 Superb I don't think the engine is significantly different to yours ?  I've changed the fuel filter and didn't need to prime the fuel system, had no issues with the engine starting after turning the engine over briefly.

I've also the replaced the fuel injectors which involved removing the fuel rail. I did have to code the injectors to the car using VCDS and again I didn't have to prime the fuel system to get the car to start .

Thanks for your reply, very helpful and interesting. 

I would agree your engine very similar to mine. Was thinking that you would introduce some air into the system but there would be minimal fuel loss especially if you clamped the flexi pipes. 

I assume that any air introduced into the system escapes out via the injectors when turning over the engine on start up?