2015 Octavia VRS manual - what to replace gear shift knob (and boot) with

Hi all, 
If there's a thread about this already, it'd be great if someone would point me toward it.

I've got a Mk3 Octavia VRS (2015) manual. It has the typical issue where the gear shift knob is deteriorating, the faux leather is wearing out and the chrome trim is flaky. Is there a decent aftermarket alternative that is relatively simple to use to replace the stock one with?

Bonus question - 
The chrome trim around my centre air/AC vents in the dash is flaking, can this be purchased as a new/replacement part?

Cheers!

On 15/02/2023 at 13:30, AshDVS said:

Hi all, 
If there's a thread about this already, it'd be great if someone would point me toward it.

I've got a Mk3 Octavia VRS (2015) manual. It has the typical issue where the gear shift knob is deteriorating, the faux leather is wearing out and the chrome trim is flaky. Is there a decent aftermarket alternative that is relatively simple to use to replace the stock one with?

Bonus question - 
The chrome trim around my centre air/AC vents in the dash is flaking, can this be purchased as a new/replacement part?

Cheers!

Hey Ash! 6-Speed Manual Knob and Leather Boot is available on Skoda Parts but unfortunately they don't seem to have the manual VRS badged one. 

This is the closest I can find to the trim for the centre vents - seem to come as a unit!

Hope this helps. My own gear shift is starting to wear down, too. 

Hey! Thanks so much for the response!

I'm curious as to whether an aftermarket knob could be used instead of the original as just about every one you see with more than 40k kms on it, exhibits the same wear style.

Thanks for the info on the centre vent - I'm happy to buy the assembly if it can be removed without removing large parts of the dash. I'll do some googling. 
Appreciate the input.