1.5TSI evap valve issues

Hi All, i've just had my mk3 octavia 1.5tsi 2019 throw an engine light. 

OBD scanner says the car is throwing code p0441 'Evaporative control system incorrect purge flow' 

First of all would this cause issues with the start stop system as the car says 'start-stop error'- the code mentioned above is the only one being thrown 

Second how would I go about sorting the issue, I don't mind doing some minor work but if im gonna bite off more than I can chew do say! (My limit of technical work is replacing brake pads!) 

Thank you all in advance. 

Have you overfilled with petrol? I had something similar with my 1.4tsi Superb mkII just after I had bought it when I had filled up "thoroughly - ie numerous clicks" in Luxembourg because the petrol was super cheap . It was still under warranty so I popped into a German dealer who after a thorough check over told me in a combination of German/English  "one click halte!!". I followed that advice and it's been fine ever since.

Stop/star error could be one of many potential issues inc failing battery (likely at this time of year), clutch pedal sensor (does cruise control work?) , temperature sensors.  There is a complex algorithm re stop/start . I though on the Octavia there was a way of viewing the stop/start status?

Edited by bigjohn

@bigjohn ah that seems to explain it, yeah I may have been a bit liberal with filling up at a petol station at £1.35/L trying to get my money's worth!  il bear the one click HALTE in mind in the future! 

il get my multimeter out in the morning and have a look at the battery and see what's what. 

I had the clutch done the other day but the start stop issues were there before and the cruise is working fine, I think some digging is needed for the start stop. 

49 minutes ago, willwn said:

@bigjohn ah that seems to explain it, yeah I may have been a bit liberal with filling up at a petol station at £1.35/L trying to get my money's worth!

I thought is was just us in Yorkshire that did that!!

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. 

Occasionally throwing up the p0441, with the stop start error too. 

Trying to find the valve online to replace it, just in case, seems to be impossible too... 

Every single n80 valve I find is "incompatible" - very confused... 

@Trimmy ive had the issue for best part of a month but its bizarre, I drive from Cirencester to Somerset every weekend and back on sunday night, some 240 miles return. and only do 30 odd miles around town during the week and the car is always throwing an engine light on a thursday afternoon / friday morning, and it goes out after a good 70 miles on the m5 or so. the start stop error is more random and i'm yet to identify a pattern with that. it's like a good motorway run clears the codes and the car is happy but is less happy around town. 

Doing some searching Ive come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter too much to leave it, so il ask about it next service in some 7k miles, which at my milage will be late April time