Easiest way to unlock green developer screen?

SD5k

I’m looking to unlocking CarPlay on my 2017 Skoda Rapid, I want to use the MIB toolbox method as that seems fairly easy.

However, to do this I need to unlock the green developer menu.

What would be the best or cheapest way of doing this? I was thinking of OBDeleven, but I can’t find the specific codes for my car, or are these universal across Skodas of this generation?

14 minutes ago, ian-inhome said:

Try YouTube.

Thanks, I have found this video already, the description also states you need VCDS or ODBeleven to unlock the green screen, but it doesn’t say how.

I can't remember if I enabled mine with code from Github or with Carista it was one of them. I originally got Carista to program for my replacement battery and to take the lock off the maps navigation system to allow you to use any SD card for maps. Carista allows you to change many things simply. But Odb11 does

gives you more options. I got my full link unlocked with a download that I purchased from someone on eBay. It works perfectly. I understand though that if you don't have the apple carplay version of the USB socket only android auto will work fortunately mine was the correct USB type.

On 25/02/2023 at 16:00, varooom said:

@ian-inhome He needs to unlock the Developer menu first/after to use the toolkit.

So he does need VCDS or similar to enable this change.

p.s. the video does help show how to enter GEM, and install toolkit

You're right! Damn I feel stupid now. 😅

Will try this tonight.

2 hours ago, SD5k said:

You're right! Damn I feel stupid now. 😅

Will try this tonight.

Before you jump too quickly, what is your Software Train?

I always recommend updating it, then load in toolkit (latest is MIBSTD2_Toolbox-v1.2.1) if you are on that SW train.  Also note if you have 01xx or 02xx you must replace the GEM in the toolbox for older one.

If you need help, I can assist via PM and talk you through steps to help make sure you don't make mistakes.

1 hour ago, varooom said:

Before you jump too quickly, what is your Software Train?

I always recommend updating it, then load in toolkit (latest is MIBSTD2_Toolbox-v1.2.1) if you are on that SW train.  Also note if you have 01xx or 02xx you must replace the GEM in the toolbox for older one.

If you need help, I can assist via PM and talk you through steps to help make sure you don't make mistakes.

I'm on MST_EU_SK_ZR_P0363T, so I should be able to do it without replacing the GEM in the CPU folder, right?

By the way, the Github page also states this under Requirements:

"Green Engineering Menu (developer mode) enabled in adaptations of block 5F. Use any OBD2 adapter and software that can enable it."

28 minutes ago, SD5k said:

I'm on MST_EU_SK_ZR_P0363T, so I should be able to do it without replacing the GEM in the CPU folder, right?

By the way, the Github page also states this under Requirements:

"Green Engineering Menu (developer mode) enabled in adaptations of block 5F. Use any OBD2 adapter and software that can enable it."

Correct, you won't need to replace the GEM version.

You can update to 0369, and I would recommend to get that done out of the way.

1 minute ago, varooom said:

Correct, you won't need to replace the GEM version.

You can update to 0369, and I would recommend to get that done out of the way.

How can I do that? The Skoda portal says I'm on the latest version when I enter my VIN.

I have succeeded to enable the GEM and installed MIB toolbox to enable Carplay.

Thanks again @varooom

If anyone stumbled upon this thread in the future: yes you can enable GEM through OBDeleven, and no you don't need any specific codes.

- Go to menu 5F (Multimedia)

- Then go to 'Change service' and change it to 'Development mode'

- Then go to 'Adaptation', click on 'Developer mode' and then click 'Activated'

- Then confirm the change with the button in the lower right corner

- Finally hold the power button on your MIB2 unit to restart it

Now there should be an option called 'Test mode' in the service menu, when you press that the first option will be the Green Engineering Menu.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have managed to reach the point where I need to activate the toolbox through the green menu. I have the correct version for the right gem 3.5, I have replaced the cpu folder and everything, but I can not see the toolbox option in the green menu. Tried different sd cards, but they all have been recognised by the system. Any ideas?

Tia