Motoring days are over.

longedge

I was a critic in the past of people on the road who should not in the interest of safety be there. I now have to admit that I'm in that category myself 🙄. My Kamiq is being picked up by one of the online traders tomorrow. It's goodbye from me. Most of my motoring tranclements will go to members of the family but there's a set of unused mats going free to anyone who can pick them up (in Chesterfield area and not worth travelling far for).

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

There's a lot more to life than driving. 🙂

Of course you're right. At a purely personal level, being more or less housebound, disabled and most importantly widowed it's sometimes difficult to appreciate that 😏.

I would add that, thankfully I'm compos mentis and have a lifetime of happy memories to comfort me 🙂

Edited by longedge
  • Like 3

Not sure if you know or perhaps driving a car not aware, but there are "Dial-a-bus" services you can call up for door-to-door services to get you out an about.

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport-roads/public-transport/derbyshire-connect-active-travel/derbyshire-connect-and-active-travel.aspx

They can accomodate wheelchair if you use one, and you can get a free bus pass too, and in some cases a "companion plus" if you need assistance onto normal bus with a carer.

Again if you haven't already, get Adult Social services to give you an assessment and you might qualify for some care hours for someone to get you out an about.

Hope that helps you out somewhat 🤝

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, varooom said:

Not sure if you know (snip)

Hope that helps you out somewhat 🤝

Yes I was aware but thank you.

p.s. Nearly forgot my main reason for posting which was to say that of all the vehicles I've owned starting with a Francis Barnett Falcon in 1963, the two that stood head and shoulders above the rest were my Black Edition Yeti and then when I was doing many less miles my 1.2 SE DSG Yeti both great cars and fondly remembered 🙂

Edited by longedge
  • Like 3

Just to round this thread off, the Kamiq went yesterday. I sold it to "Best Car Buyer" who beat offers from WBAC, Cazoo and my dealership by a large margin. It all went very smoothly and te driver took the car only when the cleared funds had appeared in my account. End of an era 🥲.

• Like 3