Fabia MK2 budget stereo upgrade

Hi, I am looking at buying a Scoda Fabia 2011 and am thinking I would like to do a budget stereo upgrade on the stereo system. Since I do not have access to the vehicle yet I have no idea of the standard stereo. I am imagining it has 4 paper full range speakers in all 4 doors. Based on that premis I am thinking of getting a flat active Sub under the seat and putting an in-line amp in the upper or lower glove box. For the speakers I am thinking just replacing the stock speakers in the front with quality full range speakers with tweeters I can rotate a bit towards my ears and put some  other full range speakers in the rear. Does that sound like a plan? I would love to hear opinions of others and hear there experience with upgrading a fabia sound system upgrade.

Thanks in advance. I know this subject may have been addressed before but I am unfamiliar with this site so please forgive me if that is the case:)

whatever you choose to install will be to your preference, just like cooking, very subjective and everyone has different opinions / expectations.

for what its worth, I have the factory setup in the vRS with the factory nav unit and to me it's pretty dam good all round. I did consider having a seperate sub as the "upgraded" unit I did have lacked severely in the lower frequency bands, consequently I have down graded back to the "lower" spec unit which was an option and it simply out classes it in every way, no need for any more "imo".

I was into car hi fi in a big way many many years ago, but that was when the factory systems simply did not compete with the aftermarket stuff available, since the late 90's and onwards factory car systems have improved immensely so "up grading" is not always required.

I would suggest get the car, have a listen and go from there.....not 100% on other models but the vRS has seperate component speakers anyway, so additional tweeters are not really needed again, "imo".

What I would say is the most popular upgrade is the headunit to add things like bluetooth , hands free phone etc etc and often just a better headunit will improve things no end.

Edited by UrbanPanzer
  • Like 1

Thank you Urban Panzer, I had to do a lot of digging as I wrongly assumed the model specifications in the UK were the same as in Australia. The cat I am keen on is the Autralian 2012 Skoda Fabia 5JF 77TSI and all the infomation I can muster is that it is an 8 speaker sound system. So my assumption was that it was a 2 speaker sound system. Any help or opinions on that would be appreciated:)