Skoda Fabia MK3 Estate 2015 - Replacement Bulb Types

Hi all, 

Apologies if this has been asked previously, but I have a few bulbs that have gone and need to source replacements. Particularly the daytime running lights. 

Does anyone know where I can find out my car's bulb types?

Also, can anyone recommend brighter bulbs for the main beams? Mine don't seem to be that bright compared to other road users.

Thanks.

Hard to answer accurately as there are several headlight choices (4)

A picture of your headlight, or better still the part number of the headlight if it's still on the top will find out what is what.

The alternative is you need to remove each bulb that is broken to find out.

• Like 1

These might just be the typical bulbs fitted, but need to check with own eyes I'm afraid to see.

If you have a single bulb for high beam and dipped = H4 (with 3x "prongs" on the back)

H4.thumb.png.62805cee528f64929ae87fb194b0566a.png

If you have two bulbs seen for dipped and highbeam, then you will most likely have 2x H7 (one for dipped beam, one for your highbeam) this has only two "prongs" on the back

H7.png.6165db19fec3f10843fca0d398cf6652.png

Next you have the amber indicator bulb, PY21 - Note that the pins are "offset" meaning they are not opposite each other.

159300965_PY21Amber.png.f4c2af192148210cdc0d87c1d66b28c7.png

Finally this should be your sidelight, a W5W small bulb that I refer to often as a "peanut" bulb.

W5W.png.31caab3af11036402dad823dcbd1cfa7.png

• Like 1

Thanks for your help! 

I'll have a check tonight. 

Had to change my tail lights recently, so I know they are W5W. 

2 minutes ago, varooom said:

These might just be the typical bulbs fitted, but need to check with own eyes I'm afraid to see.

If you have a single bulb for high beam and dipped = H4 (with 3x "prongs" on the back)

H4.thumb.png.62805cee528f64929ae87fb194b0566a.png

If you have two bulbs seen for dipped and highbeam, then you will most likely have 2x H7 (one for dipped beam, one for your highbeam) this has only two "prongs" on the back

H7.png.6165db19fec3f10843fca0d398cf6652.png

Next you have the amber indicator bulb, PY21 - Note that the pins are "offset" meaning they are not opposite each other.

159300965_PY21Amber.png.f4c2af192148210cdc0d87c1d66b28c7.png

Finally this should be your sidelight, a W5W small bulb that I refer to often as a "peanut" bulb.

W5W.png.31caab3af11036402dad823dcbd1cfa7.png

Thanks, really appreciate your help mate. 

I'll crack the lights open later and compare. 

• Like 1

Good luck with it, now you know roughly what you are looking for, you should be golden.

Remember to not touch any bulbs with your bare hands, as the oils will shorten the lifespan, so glove up, use a handkerchief etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Storey_Timee said:

can anyone recommend brighter bulbs for the main beams?

Fitted Osram night breaker laser in both of my Skoda's and the Panda I have.

Good improvement with these.

Thanks. AG Falco

• 2 weeks later...