Looking at buying a scoda, looking for advice

Hi, my first non introductory questions:
I am about to buy a 2011/2012 Fabia TSI 1.2 that I have not actually seen yet. This is due to I could only find one skoda Fabia that I could afford and it was from a dealership. I am buying from a NISSAN dealership here in WA. The reason I bought it sight unseen is that it was in the used section of the dealership and all the other cars were 20k plus cars and do not think it would be wise of them to put a bad car amongst them. This car yard has a very good reputation,
When I rang them they told me they had found a small oil leak in the turbo and it was in the workshop to have a seal replaced and it was not a workshop priority so I could be waiting for a while to see the car and encouraged me to look elswhere for a vihicle.
I considered this, and after a few days and after comming up with no vehicle that I wanted within my price range I called them once more and said I was prepared to wait for the vehicle to be repaired. They eventually got back and said OK to the deal providing I could wait a while as they were sent a wrong seal and were waiting upon a replacement. So I am waiting but have a few questions. So sorry about being long winded........

Q1, Is there a way that I can found out about the build date, as I am told that VW had some issues with the cam chain train and worked on on it untill they came up with a more reliable version in late 2011. My question is how do I check which version of the valve chain train is on my car?

Q2. Ussuming the Turbo just needs a new oil seal, are these 1.2L TSI turbos reliable?

If this deal was through a very reputable dealer and not Dodgy brothers. The deal looks OK to me but thought I would run it by you guys. The car is at 134K on the dial and selling for  8K Australian dollars

Sorry agian for being long winded but I am about to retire without a lot of funds and have just had a nasty experince with a SAAB money pit

Thanks and looking forward to your thoughts

Edited by Greenfabia01

Welcome.

I will flag this for a mod so that it can go to the Mk2 section where you might get assistance.

As to the Turbo there was a TPI / Service Campaign action back in 2010/11 or so for a Shim, there were / are actuator issues, but if the car is on the original turbo it has lasted over 10 years.

There was / is an issue with a spark plug lead and armouring, look at No.3 lead and see how that looks and if armoured, but then the car is over 10 years old. 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/495806-ht-leads-skoda-fabia

As to the timing chain and tensioner there are upgraded ones that are now noisy and could maybe do with replacing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/344005-12tsi-cam-chain-problem/page/8

Edited by toot