How to deactivate lamps

Looded

Are you sure that you have not mixed up the brake with rear side light?

Get someone else to press the brake pedal and see if the new side goes dimmer instead of brighter.

Edited by nta16
  • Kiss 1

i have press pedal and it lights up more like it should in the old version.

why did the left one change its job and the right one didn't😂

Yesterday i order new back plate for it, one of the friends said just so it would work properly.

i have press pedal and it lights up more like it should in the old version.

why did the left one change its job and the right one didn't😂

Yesterday i order new back plate for it, one of the friends said just so it would work properly.

for accuracy, these are monte carlo headlights on old boards

So what exactly have you done?

Have you swopped or replaced both rear light (lenses) units (to Monte Carlo style)?

Did you keep the original wire connectors, bulb holders and bulbs or replaced the connectors, holders and bulbs?

I cannot think that replacing standard like for like rear light units would require any 'coding'.

Is your model a Spaceback?

What is a new backplate?

Just for your information, no criticism at all, these are not headlights, headlights are the main lights on the front, these are rear lights (or tail lights).

• Love it! 1

All original exept new part, tail light ,no headlights sorry.

5JH945207
5JH945208 

i didn’t change wire or connector and yes no need coding bit one tail not working properly as you see.

I soldered the diode to the old board but in the end left working perfect but not right.

new holder (back plate)
5JH945231 
5JH945232 

i have sedan no spaceback

Edited by Looded

Right thank you for the replies.

So are these are LED lights then and were they LED lights before?

Could it be the soldering, are the boards handed to the light units (mirror opposite one side to the other)?

If it was me I would take out both units and compare the boards and soldering with with each other and at the same time check all wire connections and depending on the type check that the bulbs are fitted correctly.

You've got one side correct so you can go from that perhaps.

With things like parts and lights there are various quality of manufacture with some better and more reliable than others.  I do not know if you have to use a low powered soldering iron with LED diodes or not but you might(?) for circuit boards.

thank you

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

So are these are LED lights then and were they LED lights before?

before to be default tail of the 2013 model, no diod on board

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

Could it be the soldering, are the boards handed to the light units (mirror opposite one side to the other)?

mirrored, there is nothing to confuse  to soldered

I opened it, checked it and soldered it again 😂from minus to plus and then again plus to minus and so on, there is no million line to soldered, only one in specific location.

The bulbs installed perfect on two board, the one different left from right it have 2 extra connector with 2 bulbs w4w and central connector of all tail have one more wire.

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

for circuit boards.

There no visible any circuit boards, maybe inside tail or inside diode bulbs

Sorry, I am confused - is the right light unit new and different from the left which is original(?).

I have no idea what the difference is with Monte Carlo lights without looking it up or if the regulations for rear lights in Israel are different to the UK.

Sorry but it is beyond me, even if you put up high definition photos of each side I would not see or know or be able to tell if the wiring and soldering is correct and good, if you are sure you have done that all correctly then I am at a loss - unless, if you have one side LED and the other side not perhaps that could confuse the computer but I would have thought a warning would show or error code on scan tool.

If you have fitted cheaply made or faulty LED or diode I do not know how that would effect the lighting.

Sorry but you need someone with more knowledge than me, luckily that is many people.

• Love it! 1

On 26/03/2023 at 18:27, nta16 said:

Sorry, I am confused - is the right light unit new and different from the left which is original(?)

installed 2 oem montecarlo tail!

Now I order oem bulb holder for this tail, see next if that help

Thanks

• Thanks 1