Trailer hitch fitted with faults

Finally had my local garage fit my towbar to MK3 Estate. He has the correct scanner etc. but I have 2 errors.

1. Cruise control not working

2. Lane assist not working.

No other warnings coming up so hope this is all. Does anyone have the correct codes to include these items as they are not on the list he had to work from.

Thanks all

Please tell us exactly what tow bar has been fitted including details about what wiring kits have been fitted.

When you say he has the 'correct scanner' what do you mean by this? What diagnostic tool is he using - if any?

Do you have a copy of the fault codes at all?

What coding has already been carried out?

• Like 1

This is what I previously posted re the kit.

The garage owner told me he had the scanner and spent a lot on the regular updates requried. He comes highly recommended. I did not ask him what kit he had. He had a list of codes that were required to be changed but there was no code for Lane Assist or Cruise control on that list. I suggested I come to the forum to seek assistance as I know people have these problems. I just have the dash error lights.

20230217_093301_resized.jpg

20230217_130941_resized.jpg

20230217_131040_resized.jpg

20230217_131103_resized.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I will add some information for anyone interested.

The fitter was supplied with the technical contact details of the electrical kit supplier to get help with coding.

The car was returned with no warning lights or red triangles.

On the way home I had an overheat warning (130c). I stopped and checked under bonnet and there was no sign of overheating so I suspect sensors were resetting themselves. No problem since.

I switched on cruise control and this was not available so still not working.

So I can tow a trailer with all the lights working but ACC not working.

Not sure this will ever be fully fixed.

In this thread, (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/509380-towbarstrailer-lightsleds-and-cruise-control/) it's suggested that ACC is disabled if the car detects an electrical anomaly such as a blown bulb.  Might be worth trying a different trailer or something with a 13 pin connector if yours has the older 7 pin connector.

Maybe there's a potential issue if there are LED bulbs on your car and filament bulbs on the trailer's equivalent circuit or vice versa.